Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Easily broken rules/regs

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Easily broken rules/regs

What are some rules/regs that are easily broken? Either in the field or in your back yard (with concerns to hunting/bows/etc).

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

The one that I have heard about a few time is hunting in the wrong WMU. The Hunter thought they were in one unit and they were in another.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That can easily happen, where I hunt the map says you are in one WMU and GPS says you are over the line in another WMU. A difference of 200 yards.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

forgetting a case and walking out after dark with out it ,D

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Not paying attention to other open seasons and carrying the wrong type of firearm. For example, try convincing a CO that you're coyote hunting if you get caught carrying a centre fire rifle during moose season without a moose licence.
    Last edited by GW11; March 14th, 2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Clarification
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Scroll down to the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act (17.5 - 17.10) and scroll through the the various Schedules. You'll be amazed at how many laws there are and how easy it is to trip up on so many of them.

http://www.ontariocourts.ca/ocj/how-...s/set-fines-i/

Apprentice

User Info Menu

When muzzle load hunting deer, after removing the primer and casing my rifle I sometimes forget to remove the powder and bullet before storing for the night.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Forgetting to remove / delete Turkey Sound Ringer Wave File from cell phone during turkey season.

Then have a Text message, Email notification or Phone Call come in at the very moment the CO is questioning you on your hunting activities
    Last edited by chameleon; March 14th, 2015 at 12:53 PM.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Not encasing a bow or gun before and after legal hours. I don't really know anyone that actually does this.
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    Not encasing a bow or gun before and after legal hours. I don't really know anyone that actually does this.
    I do. Sock or soft case depending on the situation.

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast