Thread: How are trails/off road conditions in Madoc area?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Question How are trails/off road conditions in Madoc area?

I have my camp near Madoc, off Heritage Trail and wondered if there is enough melt to get in yet? My road into camp is not plowed, so kinda go by condition in fields and trails to see if I can get in. Would appreciate knowing what conditions are like before hauling all my gear up? Any help is apreciated. Thanks very much, Robert.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Not unless you get lucky and your trail in is all high ground. Still 2-3 feet of snow in most lower places and mud everywhere else. Give it a week.
    Last edited by DaleK; March 14th, 2015 at 12:48 PM.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks man. Don't want to be stuck 1 1/2 mile in bush! lol

Member for Life

User Info Menu

What are you driving? Sled trails still have ample snow around here...with the occasional mud hole. I wouldnt try to move in the bush with anything on wheels, also would not try to cross a lake on a sled unless there was an existing trail

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thank you Pat. I have a Chev Van with chains for back tires, but don't wan't to get stuck back in camp and no way out!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Might be different down near Madoc but we still have over a foot of unpacked snow in our bush. Where it has been packed down it is soft and by noon the tractor starts to break thru.