Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of Long Gun Registry

Just starting out

User Info Menu

If only theyd realize how much money they wasted and how useless that system is... I just hope they dont bring it back!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Something you won't see on CBC... Brian puts together some of what the Liberals and NDP have been saying.

http://www.therebel.media/left_s_pus...based_on_facts

NDP.... Liberal version of the registry... track all guns.
    Liberals .... reclassifications....

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The silence from the Liberal/NDP camps is deafening. If either one or both of these two parties form a government in any way shape or form,the very first thing they will do is repeal C-47,introduce another long gun registry with a complete reclassification of ALL firearms banning all handguns and anything that remotely resembles a "military type" firearm. All this in the first 30 days will occur with the stroke of the Governor General's pen. You can take that to the bank.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Well there goes another few billion wasted. !!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I doubt if the Libs will bring back the registry, however they will reclassify many gun. I suspect all semi auto rifles will be made prohibited. The NDP will most likely bring in Australia type laws and reclassify all semi auto including shot guns.

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    The silence from the Liberal/NDP camps is deafening. If either one or both of these two parties form a government in any way shape or form,the very first thing they will do is repeal C-47,introduce another long gun registry with a complete reclassification of ALL firearms banning all handguns and anything that remotely resembles a "military type" firearm. All this in the first 30 days will occur with the stroke of the Governor General's pen. You can take that to the bank.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I should add that I doubt all copies of the registry are gone. The NDP can still use this quite effectively.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have no doubt that either JT or Mulcair will attack legal gun owners viciously and do nothing to those convicted of actually committing crimes with firearms. It's easier and their uninformed base will lap it up. I sold my only semi auto centerfire recently because I see it coming. I still own a semi shotgun and semi .22LR. As for the registry, of course that database still exists somewhere although with PAL data they know who owns legal guns anyway. Wether it is legal or not to still have that data means nothing to the RCMP.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by terrym View Post
    As for the registry, of course that database still exists somewhere although with PAL data they know who owns legal guns anyway. Wether it is legal or not to still have that data means nothing to the RCMP.
    As I'm sure you must know, having a PAL does not necessarily mean a person owns or even possesses firearms. The info contained in the old registry is now grossly outdated as many folks have sold, gave away or otherwise disposed of their firearms since the registry was cancelled. Many others have acquired new firearms with no record of purchase or transfer that the authorities can follow up on. If it comes to it at some point, I will re-register only a few of the guns I use to hunt. The rest are gone.....

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Doesn't matter how useless the old data is. All they need is a name, date of birth and an address and they have you. I have no doubt whatsoever they will pass laws making law abiding gun owners into criminals if they don't comply. Are you prepared to confront police who are backed by the government? I sure as hell can't afford to.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

How about if you don't get onto the radar?

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast