Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The heaviest Tom?

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default The heaviest Tom?

Just like everyone else on this forum I'm counting down the number of days till opener. Since I couldn't sleep thought I'd hop on here and browse, then I had a thought. Does anyone know the weight of the largest Turkey ever shot in Ontario?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkey...ey_records.php

Looks like the list tops out at 27lbs.
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Interesting the Ont FROW doesn't look at the weight for it's record book...beard and spurs only .

http://www.frow.ca/turkey/typical/modernfirearm/

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I've always hated trophy scoring of any sort that doesn't factor in animal weight.

Seems to be the complete antithesis of "hunting".
    Roosted ain't Roasted.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Wow, if its only 27 lbs I was close that 2 years ago with my 26.2 lb tom....I know of guys shooting 28-30 lb toms though...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buckluck_9pt View Post
    Wow, if its only 27 lbs I was close that 2 years ago with my 26.2 lb tom....I know of guys shooting 28-30 lb toms though...
    Yes these weights are surely not accurate to the biggest turkey in Ontario but I suppose biggest on record. I have seen bigger birds taken years back around Simcoe.
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

ya I shot a bird and found out about a contest latter in the day after I had pulled the guts out .but I took it down anyway as it was a huge tom with two beards one was 11 inchs and one was 10 inches .He was 26.5lbs with out his guts .are area was one of the first to get the birds and we always get very big toms ..Dutch

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buckluck_9pt View Post
    Back when you had to take them to the weight station, there were some BIG Tom's going thru. But a lot of guys don't bother registering them...I think FROW wants $20 plus all the forms/effort.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dutchhunter View Post
    ya I shot a bird and found out about a contest latter in the day after I had pulled the guts out .but I took it down anyway as it was a huge tom with two beards one was 11 inchs and one was 10 inches .He was 26.5lbs with out his guts .are area was one of the first to get the birds and we always get very big toms ..Dutch
    That's like the Rosie O'Donnell of turkey's! Would have made a nice mount.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I did mount his tail and beard then cut the skin with both beards attached and dried it with the tail ,so I got it all together .I would have loved to have had it done as a strutter .one taxi guy said he could mount the tail and beard to make up a strutting tom ,but that's just not the same ,,Dutch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast