Thread: Saltspring Island Gun Club lawsuit

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Saltspring Island Gun Club lawsuit

So for the last couple of months I was visiting a friend on SaltSpring Island B.C. helping her with some health problems. Over the last couple of years the 100 year old club has been bullied and dragged into lawsuits by an adjacent property owner. This city dweller has millions of dollars and placed law suits on the club as well as individual members. I bought a membership so I could support them and do some shooting while enjoying the lack of winter while there. During the time I was there the court had ruled that outdoor shooting would be limited to five hours on Saturday and for trap shooting only. The indoor range could still be used for handguns and rimfire. I was unable to shoot any of my centre fires which was disappointing. A decision was finally reached last week and the court order can be read in full here http://www.saltspringislandrodandgun...&item_id=28182.

When I read it I laughed and cursed all at the same time. The section that really got me going was this

Save for the use of the outdoor range for training purposes by any police officer and the use of .45 caliber handguns on the indoor range
    , the
    defendant will prohibit the firing of:

1. "black powder" weapons;
    2. .50 BMG;
    3. AK 47; and
    4. .45-70 caliber weapons.

To me it just shows the ignorance and complete lack of knowledge of the courts and of the antis out there.
    I wish I was still there for another month so I could have used the facilities outdoors. I would have got a kick out shooting my 450 Marlin and smokeless powder through my Savage 10ml2 muzzleloader. I urge everyone to read the whole story here http://www.saltspringislandrodandgun...club_id=615721. And I urge people to become pro active in defending our rights and our heritage in the sport of shooting. Support pro gun groups and please vote accordingly in the upcoming elections.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Pretty sad.
    The weapon restrictions are just foolish and have no basis on any fact whatsoever. The noise deadening I can understand and should not be seen as a big deal by the club but the rest is simple hogwash.
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Money vs brains! There is no excuse! Savage308

Member for Life

User Info Menu

What a random group of guns

Member for Life

User Info Menu

legalize suppressors............noise problem solved

Member for Life

User Info Menu

time to unlimber the 340 Weatherby. If they think the 45-70 is loud....

Leads by example

User Info Menu

like I always say money talks courts listen , gun club looses this is a joke!!!!!!!!!!