Thread: 49 charges laid against ice fishers this year

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default 49 charges laid against ice fishers this year

Not bad really considering the amount of Yahoos out there

The Ministry of Natural Resources laid 49 charges against people ice fishing in Chatham-Kent, Essex and Lambton counties between January and March.
    Offences included failing to register ice fishing huts, emptying a bait bucket into the water, littering and fishing with too many lines.
    Another 108 warnings were issued.
    Conservation officers checked 1,200 anglers and found 87 per cent of them were obeying all the rules.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I wonder if the fail to register were huts with no numbers or old huts with the last owners or phony numbers......?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

87% compliance - not real good, but better than I'd expected. No mention of limit or slot violations. Are there no pickeral or trout in that area?

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Littering? They could make a fortune on that one!

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Too bad about the bait bucket one. With all the word on invasive species you think most guys could dump it out on the ice for the birds

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Room for improvement at 87% but like previously mentioned , better than I would have guessed as well . The littering kills me , fines should be massif for that as there is no excuse for it in my opinion .

A Ray
    :moose: Live for the adventure, half the fun is getting there !! :fish:

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

It,s mostly perch fishing down here, with a little walleye also. No slot sizes, 6 walleye or 50 perch.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

considering this is the part of the province least likeliest to produce ice covered lakes, that number is alarming. Imagine if they put the same effort into Simcoe or Lake Joseph...
    - Kistler Rods - Salmo Canada
    Avid Angler Outfitters and General Store
    6493 HWY#93 Waverley, Township of Tay

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mbhunter View Post
    Too bad about the bait bucket one. With all the word on invasive species you think most guys could dump it out on the ice for the birds
    I have a caught a few guys about to do this and stopped them from putting the minnows in the hole. They just weren't aware as some of us are.