Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Official, Wynne has lost her Shyte.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

And no one is talking about how hydro rates are going up next week.....

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'm not a fan of big government but in the case of something so fundamental to our well being like Hydro I feel we need government involvement and oversight. We can vote idiots out but once ownership is sold off then we are at their mercy. That scares the hell out of me. Also any deal this large is completely out of this government's level of competence and will no doubt involve activities and decisions requiring police investigations.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dythbringer View Post
    And no one is talking about how hydro rates are going up next week.....
    I don't see how Hydro rates in Ontario can do anything other than climb steadily. If I thought for a moment that I could convince my wife to move west away from her family we would be gone, gone, gone.
    So the only alternative is to look at ways to reduce, augment and/or replace how we get electricity. As the Liberals continue to mismanage power in this province it is only going to become a greater cost benefit to moving off the grid or any action that gets you closer to that goal.
    There is room for all God's creatures - right next to the mashed potatoes!

Past Administrator

User Info Menu

My understanding of the beer sales is that the grocery stores will only be selling singles and 6-packs (and during Beer Store hours). The LCBO will have 10 or so "test sites" selling 12-packs and the Beer Store will hold on to the 24+ monoploy (as well as the 12 and 18 packs).

This announcement isn't ending any big monopoly it is protecting it (the Beer Store) and giving consumers a false sense that we are actually gaining something (which we are not). The majority of beer drinkers know that buying a case is cheaper than buying a 6-pack so majority of them will still shop at The Beer Store.

Think what is really sad is people are talking more about being able to buy beer in a grocery store than they are the sale of Hydro One.

Interesting read below:

Ontario's new beer strategy has already gone skunky
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...click=sf_globe

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Interesting read. Unfortunately the imbeciles have given her a majority so she can do whatever she wants and is pressing on with that. In 4 yrs when her mandate is up this Province will be a complete basket case except for the people who financed her election. This beer thing is a complete shell game designed to change the channel and deflect from the Hydo disaster she is about to inflict on us and our children. She is assembling another layer of government to manage beer sales only. trust me the "ombudsman" has already been selected. This new layer of sunshine listers must just be giggling in anticipation.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I agree CalTek that the hydro disaster will haunt us forever and with these Lugens running things we will likely end up paying people to buy Hydro one. As I said before nothing this government does will benefit the taxpayer or the province of Ontario AND THAT SHOULD BE THE NUMBER 1 GOAL OF ANY GOVERNMENT.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CalTek View Post

Think what is really sad is people are talking more about being able to buy beer in a grocery store than they are the sale of Hydro One.
    Good point Cal.
    And that's the sad part. Somehow as time goes forward there will be more attention to consumer convenience than there will be to our collective common good.
    I just see this as a balloon being floated to gauge response. Already it has been announced that beer prices are going up via the $.025 assessment. The Beer Store is not going to willingly allow Wynne to carve into their profits and of course the LCBO which is represented by another large union is not going to accept reduction in workforce.
    So we really just need to wait until the announcement comes from the Beer Ombudsman that beer and liquor prices had to be 'adjusted' given that the Liberals were only responding to public demand that convenience of buying at the grocery store was something that was wanted. The part that won't get advertised is the fact that there is no way this can be done unless there is a means to pour more money into the coffers.
    So, get ready to drink your homebrew in the dark cause you won't be able to afford to keep the lights on either!
    There is room for all God's creatures - right next to the mashed potatoes!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

No sympathy, you get the governments you deserve.
    Without re-hashing sooooooooo many things, both old and stale, and "newish" (the last 12 months), or "new" (the past 3-4months).

On table today
    Hydro sale, soaring cost of Hydro
    LCBO/BEER store (which I think I still agree with but..)
    Teachers on strike today in Durham Region
    Doctors and Nurses walking away from the table and Healthcare rotting...
    Pan AM games. The smoke is billowing its looking real ugly

Honestly, don't know what to "say" anymore. Those who refused to see, those who defended, those who voted.

And there is far more on the horizon (economic concerns and more).

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I don't understand how the Liberals think that with only having a 40% share,they'll have any say in what the privatized company may charge consumers or how it will be operated. Even if the remaining shares are sold at 10% each,if they vote in a bloc,isn't there enough votes to offset the government shares?
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yes. 40% ownership is still a minority no matter what those crooked imbeciles say.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast