Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laydown blind or Tent blind

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Laydown blind or Tent blind

So I am trying to determine which will be more useful for Goose hunting. I can only afford to buy one or the other.

What do you think?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00L...pf_rd_i=915398

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00J...pf_rd_i=915398

or this

http://www.amazon.ca/hunting-blind-h...F8K67W06PANVW5
    Last edited by greatwhite; April 21st, 2015 at 08:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Personally I would go with a lay down blind for field hunting waterfowl. They are a lot more versatile and can be set up in the middle of the field with the proper natural covering. The other two would have to be setup near a wind break or natural bush line, it really depends what the location looks like where you hunt.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Coffin style for goose hunting and get one with a low profile, the blind is for the birds, not for you. Too many buy blinds thar are way too big and spook the birds.
    "I may not have gone where I was supposed to go, but I ended up where I was supposed to be"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You get a better sleep in a layout blind

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'm with Fox. Hunted almost everyday last fall for Geese, and hardly a day went by when I didn't have a nap. Lol
    Woody

Nothing is more certain than an extremist's hatred of compromise

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Go with a quality layout, as mentioned can be used anywhere in the field, easy to hide, and portable. I had to go with a larger style one, because, well, I'm a larger style but you can get good regular sized ones at a good price.

I don't like the looks of that one in your link, seems complicated / PITA with that big overhead door, the coffin style is what you want.

Check Rogers Sporting Goods for the goosebuster, it's an awesome blind, and most in my group run them, I have the XL for obvious reasons.

If you can get it shipped to someone in the states and go pick it up, it's pretty cheap.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Canadian Waterfowl Supplies Pro Staff | Go Hunt Birds Field Staff

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Watch Kijiji, they do come up occasionally, you should be able to get a good one for around $100 if you watch for it.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Really like the layout blinds. Have 3 different brands and use them all on occasion, I hunt alone a fair bit but with 3 I can have someone tag along from time to time. So if your ever up my way GW I gots a blind for ya to try.

outback

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Plus one for the layout blind. I've used one for many different waterfowl hunts. Also you can get a snow cover for some brands if needed. They are easy to nap in as well, just like others have posted.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Low profile lay out blind all the way. We had a guy tag along with #2 blind. It ruined our hunt by flaring every goose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast