Thread: June Issue - M1 Garand Article - Wrong Pictures in Magazine

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default June Issue - M1 Garand Article - Wrong Pictures in Magazine

Hey Folks

Great article but the images used are not M1 Garands, one is an M1A and the other is M1 Carbine neither are Garands. I realize were not all gun nuts who will catch these details but just wanted to point it out it may be good to show people an actual M1 Garand with an enbloc clip (yes in this case it would be a clip not a magazine) one of the few cases where that term isn't misused.

Best Regards and kudos for doing an article on a great milsurp rifle. Can I suggest the K31 for a future article?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

When I looked at the picture,the rifle in the foreground looked to me like an M14 which would make it full auto and illegal for use in Canada,right?.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    When I looked at the picture,the rifle in the foreground looked to me like an M14 which would make it full auto and illegal for use in Canada,right?.
    I guess my semi auto m14 is prohibited than?
    Member of the OFAH, CCFR/CCDAF.
    http://firearmrights.ca/

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    I guess my semi auto m14 is prohibited than?
    Nope,as long as it's a conversion and not the selective fire model,you're good to go. A friend had three magazines converted to hold four shells,each. It's his "go-to" big game rifle that he's kept in pristine condition for 30 years. He bought as mil-surp still packed in grease,assembled it himself with a scope and it's deadly accurate. Many people have offered him big bucks and he's turned them all down.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I got the norinco version. . And am waiting for a a1a mag to come in. . 10 Rd. . But it's listed for a bolt action gun. . 😊
    Member of the OFAH, CCFR/CCDAF.
    http://firearmrights.ca/

Just starting out

User Info Menu

The M1A is completely legal in Canada it's a non-restricted semi auto. Great rifle. Converted M14 are fine as well.