Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Right on!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Beauty speck!!

One technique/trick I use when trout are acting like you described J-Kill is to swing an emerger pattern right below the surface and let it hang at the end of the drift. I cast down stream at a 45 degree angle and right at the end of the drift I shake my rod tip to look like a struggling/crippled insect. Has saved me from being skunked/throwing a temper tantrum a few times.
    D*MAC

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

A guy like me could get very jealous looking at a fish like that! Well done, that's an exceptional brook trout, especially in a small stream.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Not familiar with the hatches out there (writing from AB), but carrying a small hatch reference book might help you out in the future. I'm thinking the eastern equivalent of Jim Schollmeyer's "Hatch Guide for Western Streams."

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by allaroundhunter View Post
    Beauty speck!!

One technique/trick I use when trout are acting like you described J-Kill is to swing an emerger pattern right below the surface and let it hang at the end of the drift. I cast down stream at a 45 degree angle and right at the end of the drift I shake my rod tip to look like a struggling/crippled insect. Has saved me from being skunked/throwing a temper tantrum a few times.

I often do the 45 downstream but haven't tried the shake at the end... thanks for the tip!!!

J-Kill

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Well done!! that is certainly a fish to remember!!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default fussy trout

so bass and brooks in same place thats odd but anyway dry fly would be its still a may fly but in flying stage or march brown is close,blue wing olive

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

awesome looking fish!!! congrats!
    A bad day fishing is always better than being on the couch!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12