Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Another shooting - in Church

  1. #1
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default Another shooting - in Church

    If you intend on going to church you better be packing - never know what might happen - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/18...-at-sc-church/

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    There seems to be nutbars everywhere,anymore.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

  4. #3
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    You have a pervasive tenancy to post about "Mass Shootings" often with the implication that a freedom to carry a firearm in defence would have helped.

    I have to say that you are wrong.
    Freedom to carry a concealed weapon for defence is not the solution to these insane shooting sprees that plague your country.

    The desire to carry a weapon for self defence sounds clear and logical. Why not have the mechanism to defend yourself?
    BUT....
    Why is there a need to carry weapons.

    If you subscribe to an absolute zero tolerance to needing personal defence, EVER--- Like even a 1-in-a-billion chance you would ever need it, then we have nothing further to discuss. If that were the case, everyone in the world would carry a hand gun--- and I'm guessing that would be a nightmarish existence.

    JoePa, you live in a severely diseased society.
    Settled by Slave Owners and Witch Burners. But already occupied by Aboriginals.
    The Bizarrely written and sometime altered Second Amendment.
    Savaged by a Civil War which "freed" many and yet those folks represent your majority of crime 150+ years after "Freedom".
    Murder and violent crime in America are higher than most of the countries you call "enemies".
    Media reporting the latest mass shooting just gives more motivation to the next nutbar with a dysfunctional family to do the same.

    Popular media- TV, Movies, video games just perpetuate the culture of violence.

    You live in an ultra-violent society.
    Your need for protection with personal/concealed firearms is not a solution.
    It is a symptom of your diseased society.

    I hate sounding like a liberal but, the "Arm Everyone" idea will only drag the most intellectual/free/advanced/prosperous society the world has ever know into a dangerous place. One where freedom is an illusion and murder is a daily personal occurrence.

  5. #4
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I'm sure grateful to live here... I often walk on the way home from work through a school yard with young kids playing, maybe grade one or two, something like that. No locked gates in the yard, no metal detectors, no one looks at me like a pedo. I visited relatives in California in the early 90's and in a good area, Santa Barbara, not downtown L.A., and even back then there were metal detectors and lock downs in the school yard...

    I'm also in Toronto, a big city, what some might consider dangerous but really isn't. America is one messed up place, for a whole host of reasons, and definately at a cross roads. Hopefully it gets sorted out, but it won't be easy...
    Live free or die...
    -New Hampshire State

  6. #5
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intothedeep View Post
    I'm also in Toronto, a big city, what some might consider dangerous but really isn't.
    Perhaps not that dangerous when considering violent crime but terribly dangerous when considering what it does to your brain. Did you not know that most of Toronto votes liberal?
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

  7. #6
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    You have a pervasive tenancy to post about "Mass Shootings" often with the implication that a freedom to carry a firearm in defence would have helped.

    I have to say that you are wrong.
    Freedom to carry a concealed weapon for defence is not the solution to these insane shooting sprees that plague your country.

    The desire to carry a weapon for self defence sounds clear and logical. Why not have the mechanism to defend yourself?
    BUT....
    Why is there a need to carry weapons.

    If you subscribe to an absolute zero tolerance to needing personal defence, EVER--- Like even a 1-in-a-billion chance you would ever need it, then we have nothing further to discuss. If that were the case, everyone in the world would carry a hand gun--- and I'm guessing that would be a nightmarish existence.

    JoePa, you live in a severely diseased society.
    Settled by Slave Owners and Witch Burners. But already occupied by Aboriginals.
    The Bizarrely written and sometime altered Second Amendment.
    Savaged by a Civil War which "freed" many and yet those folks represent your majority of crime 150+ years after "Freedom".
    Murder and violent crime in America are higher than most of the countries you call "enemies".
    Media reporting the latest mass shooting just gives more motivation to the next nutbar with a dysfunctional family to do the same.

    Popular media- TV, Movies, video games just perpetuate the culture of violence.

    You live in an ultra-violent society.
    Your need for protection with personal/concealed firearms is not a solution.
    It is a symptom of your diseased society.

    I hate sounding like a liberal but, the "Arm Everyone" idea will only drag the most intellectual/free/advanced/prosperous society the world has ever know into a dangerous place. One where freedom is an illusion and murder is a daily personal occurrence.
    Best answer I have heard in a long time !!!! Well said.

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellow dog View Post
    Best answer I have heard in a long time !!!! Well said.
    Dead on, best answer to an off topic posting, very well thought out and well written.

  9. #8
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Perhaps not that dangerous when considering violent crime but terribly dangerous when considering what it does to your brain. Did you not know that most of Toronto votes liberal?
    Shazamm !!!!!!!

  10. #9
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellow dog View Post
    Best answer I have heard in a long time !!!! Well said.
    An answer? All I see is a wide brush critique on JoePa's simplistic solution yet none are offered up in return.

  11. #10
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    WOW!! Anti Americanism much?
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •