Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: "Wild" boars in Caledon

  1. #11
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    ------------------------------------------
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    No tusks....doubtful these are actual "wild boars".

    Ever wonder what happens when people in the city who buy "pot bellied pigs" that turn out not to be miniature?

    They drive North into the country and let them go.....just like the people that get murdered in the city.....Caledon sees a lot of bodies dumped too.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

    Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

  4. #13
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    No tusks....doubtful these are actual "wild boars".

    Ever wonder what happens when people in the city who buy "pot bellied pigs" that turn out not to be miniature?

    They drive North into the country and let them go.....just like the people that get murdered in the city.....Caledon sees a lot of bodies dumped too.
    Could just be females, their tusks do not stick out like the males tusks.

    There are lots of places that have Russian hogs on farms, there are also feral pigs that have gotten out. Any of these can start a population, they are designed for this type of climate.

  5. #14
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    No tusks....doubtful these are actual "wild boars".
    I put the world "wild" in quotations when I made this post because I feel the same way. You can also see in those photos that at least one is female.

    I guess they could be some kind of city limit or safety concern, but I am wondering why none of these people didn't think to get out a gun.

  6. #15
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cintax View Post
    I put the world "wild" in quotations when I made this post because I feel the same way. You can also see in those photos that at least one is female.

    I guess they could be some kind of city limit or safety concern, but I am wondering why none of these people didn't think to get out a gun.
    Because maybe they don't own any or there is gun bylaw. They are not a danger for anyone.

    They are wild board but they might have been farmed.

  7. #16
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cintax View Post
    I put the world "wild" in quotations when I made this post because I feel the same way. You can also see in those photos that at least one is female.

    I guess they could be some kind of city limit or safety concern, but I am wondering why none of these people didn't think to get out a gun.
    I was thinking the same thing. Caledon East is mostly farms and large rural properties. BANG,BANG...free hams and bacon for the smoker. Y-U-U-M-M-M!

  8. #17
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seabast View Post
    Because maybe they don't own any or there is gun bylaw. They are not a danger for anyone.

    They are wild board but they might have been farmed.
    I prefaced my comment with that possibility.

    And I disagree, wild pigs are a danger to all farmers in Ontario.

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Caledon East is mostly farms and large rural properties. BANG,BANG...free hams and bacon for the smoker. Y-U-U-M-M-M!
    I was there not two weeks ago which is why I was surprised that no one took action.

  9. #18
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cintax View Post
    And I disagree, wild pigs are a danger to all farmers in Ontario.
    Farmers won't disappear from it! Just like weather, and I would be more worry about that, it's one more thing they are going to deal with..... They have been all over Europe for centuries, and worst for the past 25 years on the western side, and farmers are not going that bad (I own a farm there and shot my share). I'm not saying they are not an issue, they are going to lose a bit of crops from them but the end customer (us) will pay for it.

  10. #19
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Caledon East is mostly farms and large rural properties. BANG,BANG...free hams and bacon for the smoker. Y-U-U-M-M-M!
    I don't know however in the news clip MNR clearly states its the owners responsibility to capture or kill them.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  11. #20
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Shoot eat and shut up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •