Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: Lets poke the bear...

  1. #21
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Hey mr boiler poked the bear. I agree. It's old already.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #22
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Personally I really do not care what anybody calls it.And if someone feels better or feels they have to sugar coat it for some reason , so be it.It is after all their own free choice. In all my years of hunting though, I have never been asked, are you going moose harvesting this year? Or, did you make it out bow harvesting at all? Just saying.....

  4. #23
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    Can hardly wait till September rolls around and I can go duck harvesting.Then October, yippee I can go north moose harvesting. And before you know it deer harvesting season will be upon us in November. Then for those of us who may not have had a very good harvest on the deer crop in November, we can try our luck again in muzzle loading harvesting season.By then I hope my hounds are in shape and I can start coyote harvesting.
    Well then why not tell it like it is bushman, why hide behind a nice euphemism like 'Hunting'..be honest, your killing and slaughtering wildlife

    "Can hardly wait till September rolls around and I can go slaughter a few ducks.Then October, yippee I can go north and kill a moose. And before you know it deer killing season will be upon us in November. Then for those of us who may not have had a very good slaughter of deer in November, we can try our luck again a kill a few more deer in muzzle loading season.By then I hope my hounds are in shape and I can start killing coyotes."
    Last edited by MikePal; August 3rd, 2015 at 07:05 PM.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  5. #24
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerjohn View Post
    . I agree. It's old already.
    I think I'll stop calling it camo...I'm going to start calling "Concealment Clothing"...LOL..
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  6. #25
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I think I'll stop calling it camo...I'm going to start calling "Concealment Clothing"...LOL..
    I'm gonna go out into my garden now and murder a few tomatoes and cucumbers.

  7. #26
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    And after dinner I am gonna lay waste to the old lady. Lofnl!!

  8. #27
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Well then why not tell it like it is bushman, why hide behind a nice euphemism like 'Hunting'..be honest, your killing and slaughtering wildlife

    "Can hardly wait till September rolls around and I can go slaughter a few ducks.Then October, yippee I can go north and kill a moose. And before you know it deer killing season will be upon us in November. Then for those of us who may not have had a very good slaughter of deer in November, we can try our luck again a kill a few more deer in muzzle loading season.By then I hope my hounds are in shape and I can start killing coyotes."
    I just did that for some fun and entertainment MikePal,and then posted another right after,expressing my thoughts on it.In reality ,most hunters like you ,me and many more probably use the term hunt or hunting not, harvest or harvesting. And I personally do not, nor do I even like hearing kill, killed or killing used in a hunting story.That being said, how often do we hear or use the phrases, killing chickens tomorrow? Will you help me kill a beef? Couple pigs I have to kill soon? The end result is the same though, no matter what we call it.

  9. #28
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Although I don't use the term 'harvest', I do tend to substitute the word 'kill' with 'take' when describing a hunt to a non hunter. Jimmy Kimmel may disagree.
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

  10. #29
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    Although I don't use the term 'harvest', I do tend to substitute the word 'kill' with 'take' when describing a hunt to a non hunter. Jimmy Kimmel may disagree.
    Why are you taking about hunting to a non hunter. ? More navel gazing ?

  11. #30
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    When you tire of beating this topic to death..maybe we should start another one;

    "Do you call it a Gun or a Rifle ? ....pick a side"
    "This is my rifle and this is my gun. This is for kiilin' and this is for fun." Oo-rah!!
    Last edited by trimmer21; August 3rd, 2015 at 11:30 PM. Reason: sp

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •