Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bernard Lake Sundridge

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Bernard Lake Sundridge

I am headin camping on this lake on labor day weekend. I saw a thread on hardwater on here but nothing on soft water. Likelt rent a boat for a morning or two if the fishing is worth it. Can anyone give me any info on this lake? Just want to be equipped for some fishing when im there. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Take your Lake Trout gear along with light tackle. Lake Bernard is 200' deep in the middle. There's a thermocline that usually runs around the 50' mark. At the shallow south end of the lake,you may luck into a Pickerel or two and whitefish,but,Trout is the go-to. There's the odd bass lurking around some docks,too. Lake Bernard Outfitters is on the main drag. They have lots of gear and charts to help you out. Good Luck.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Awesome thanks for the info!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I was trying to call the bait and outfitter place but says been disconnected. Any idea if they are still in business?

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Rented a boat from the south end of the lake, can't remember the name but they have some nice boats. Brought some rod holders & C-clamps to mount them, trolled dipseys with small spoons, my son got a small rainbow trout and we missed another hit. Fished the north end of the lake which is where the deep water is.
    Fish wait for no man

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chanser123 View Post
    I was trying to call the bait and outfitter place but says been disconnected. Any idea if they are still in business?
    Try calling the Chamber of Commerce.They usually know and if that fails,call The Blue Roof Restaurant. They know everything that goes on in that little village.LOL

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

haha sounds good! We are staying in the south end there at a campground. they rent 14 ft aluminums with 15 horse motors Im guessin thats maybe the place. I was going to bring up some small dypsies and spoon and do just that...id like to do some smallie fishen too and try to get after whities but never really targeted whities on soft water before.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Lake Bernard outfitters has been closed for the past year, only game in town is Tucks right on the main street. As for "Pickeral" in Lake Bernard.............. WRONG.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Take your Lake Trout gear along with light tackle. Lake Bernard is 200' deep in the middle. There's a thermocline that usually runs around the 50' mark. At the shallow south end of the lake,you may luck into a Pickerel or two and whitefish,but,Trout is the go-to. There's the odd bass lurking around some docks,too. Lake Bernard Outfitters is on the main drag. They have lots of gear and charts to help you out. Good Luck.
    ????

I dont think so.....!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KEVERS View Post
    Lake Bernard outfitters has been closed for the past year, only game in town is Tucks right on the main street. As for "Pickeral" in Lake Bernard.............. WRONG.
    Quote Originally Posted by blasted_saber View Post
    ????

I dont think so.....!
    I rented a cottage on the south end of Bernard a few years ago and we caught Smallmouth Bass and Walleye near the dam,so,I guess you guys haven't fished there? We got some beauty Lakers in the middle using steel line and spoons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast