Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Surplus Moose

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-wanShinobi View Post
    I agree. I think some guys are trying to justify expanding their range in search of a bull by having other tags. Makes no sense.
    If your groups intention is to get a bull having a cow tag doesn't make a difference as you still have to be close to the bull tag holder.
    You are missing the point. Without a valid game seal ( calf tag and no season, used your seal already,) you cannot be in possession of a high powered rifle, uncased, unless you have a wolf, bear, deer tag, OR you are following the party hunting rules. Whereas before, you still had a valid calf seal. By having a cow tag, he can still prowl around on his own, without being party hunting for their bull. It has nothing to do with "expanding his range" . Read Bushmans post again !!!!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I don't know about you guys but when we are hunting moose we don't prowl around by ourselves with an uncased rifle unless you are the tag holder. Always been that way even with an open calf season as you still can't shoot an adult moose unless you are the tag holder or are party hunting.
    We still prowl around and scout just without the rifle.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

The hand wringing here is unbelievable. If you aren't following the party hunt rules, put the gun in a case.

Have a good season everyone and be safe.
    Last edited by blargon; August 23rd, 2015 at 11:51 AM.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blargon View Post
    The hand wringing here is unbelievable. If you aren't following the party hunt rules, put the gun in a case.

No hand wringing or worry warts.

Several of us have been saying the same thing all along right from the outset!!

Party hunt,be a tag holder,have a tag for bear or deer or put the gun in a case. Different this year as opposed to other years.

And for the record I must be crazy. I have driven 20 hours and hunted a long way from a tag.. Lots of times I would scout alone while folks had a rest. BUT I COULD STILL SHOOT A CALF. Not so this year, that is all we have been saying.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I don't see hand-wringing,I see confusion. Bite the bullet and put a Bear tag in your wallet. Then,you can "scout" and hunt until you're blue in the face anywhere in the province. You never know,you might even get a chance to get to take a Bear.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    No hand wringing or worry warts.

Several of us have been saying the same thing all along right from the outset!!

Party hunt,be a tag holder,have a tag for bear or deer or put the gun in a case. Different this year as opposed to other years.

And for the record I must be crazy. I have driven 20 hours and hunted a long way from a tag.. Lots of times I would scout alone while folks had a rest. BUT I COULD STILL SHOOT A CALF. Not so this year, that is all we have been saying.
    Precisely !!!! We always did a morning sit and call, then head back for breakfast, then jump in the trucks, split up to scout and if really lucky, whack a calf. In 35 years, we've taken 3 calves. Only the truck with the tag holder was able to fill the adult tag. This year, not legal ! I wonder how many guys will get charged this year for having a rifle uncased and no valid tag.... Some obviously don't understand the concept !

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-wanShinobi View Post
    I don't know about you guys but when we are hunting moose we don't prowl around by ourselves with an uncased rifle unless you are the tag holder. Always been that way even with an open calf season as you still can't shoot an adult moose unless you are the tag holder or are party hunting.
    We still prowl around and scout just without the rifle.
    This makes no sense at all ! If one of our guys missed a calf because his gun was in his case, he'd be doing dishes the rest of the week !!!! Lol. You must be joking ...... Right !

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Without the calf season, it'll cut way down on the road warriors.

Its a pretty easy concept to understand. If you are not near the tag holder, put your gun away or go hunt during the 2 week calf season!
    Last edited by blargon; August 23rd, 2015 at 11:55 PM.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    This makes no sense at all ! If one of our guys missed a calf because his gun was in his case, he'd be doing dishes the rest of the week !!!! Lol. You must be joking ...... Right !
    Have to agree with you on this one rick!!!!!

Joking????? Each to their own,I guess!!! I know where my gun will be in an open calf season,irregardless of proximity to an adult tag!!! NOT IN THE CASE!!!!!!!!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Without the calf season, it'll cut way down on the road warriors.

Its a pretty easy concept to understand. If you are not near the tag holder, put your gun away or go hunt during the 2 week calf season!
    Or have a bear,deer or wolf tag if the season is open and hunt them. Fairly simple concept to grasp!!!!!