Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Hunting camp Fees...what does your camp charge?

  1. #41
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    LMAO


    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I see your new to the forum..welcome

    Oh and that's just Gilroy...part of his charm..it grows on you in time..LOL...
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #42
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Our camp (20 guys) is incorporated, which means we have an elected president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer. We hold an annual meeting. No one person owns it, but we have set fees. Annual dues are $150, with new members paying an additional $100 initiation fee. Camp fees throughout the year are $10 per trip for members, and $25 per trip for non members. The cost for a week during moose hunting is $200 for a member, and $350 for a non member, all inclusive (food, drink, beer, liquor, gas for all equipment, propane, etc.). Money generated is used for camp up keep, equipment maintenance (4 boats, several outboards, a couple generators, chainsaw, gas water pump), and taxes. Stipulation for members is to belong to the OFAH, which makes us an OFAH member club, allowing us to take advantage of their first party club insurance and cheaper membership rates.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

  4. #43
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Brush up on the Ontario Building Code when it comes to building Cabins. Most townships has a similair code or regulations.

    http://www.hastingshighlands.ca/buildingpermits.php
    Mark Snow, Libertarian Nepean, for 2019, Chairman - Ontario Libertarian Party

  5. #44
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Think I broke a lot of rules.


    • Additions to existing buildings or structures.


    • New or replacement decks.
    • Wood burning appliances, including new or replacement of existing components.
    • Replacement of windows or doors if the rough opening size is enlarged.
    • Relocation or addition of plumbing fixtures.
    • Replacement of interior water supply or drain pipes.
    • New buildings or structures greater than 10 square metres (108 ft²) in total floor area, measured by the outside dimensions, or any size if they include services. This includes sheds, sleeping cabins or other accessory buildings or structures, including sheds and shed packages purchased from a store.



    Quote Originally Posted by line052 View Post
    Brush up on the Ontario Building Code when it comes to building Cabins. Most townships has a similair code or regulations.

    http://www.hastingshighlands.ca/buildingpermits.php
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

  6. #45
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by line052 View Post
    Brush up on the Ontario Building Code when it comes to building Cabins.
    I wonder if "Hunt Camps' fall under any scrutiny by the townships....I'm sure most are considered temporary structures and building permits not required.

    Ours is a parked school bus with a portable summer kitchen sitting on blocks...don't think permits or building codes entered the discussion of that project
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  7. #46
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I wonder if "Hunt Camps' fall under any scrutiny by the townships....I'm sure most are considered temporary structures and building permits not required.

    Ours is a parked school bus with a portable summer kitchen sitting on blocks...don't think permits or building codes entered the discussion of that project
    Depends on who complains.

    We have a friend who bought some land that used to be in the family 50 years ago. I guess someone else wanted to buy it but at a fraction of what it was worth. This friend was going to build a 16x24 cabin and went out to get all the proper permits. The building was 5km by atv back into the bush, they actually had to have the inspector (who was a friend of theirs) hope on the side by side and take him in. On the trip in he said "why get a permit out here, you should have just built the cabin" only to have someone call in a complaint about a cabin being built on private property not 1 week later.

    It all depends on who the neighbours are.

  8. #47
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    A lot of the issues regarding building permits depend on whether you are in an organized or unorganized township. An unorganized area gives you a lot of freedom to do as you like.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

  9. #48
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Depends on who complains.

    We have a friend who bought some land that used to be in the family 50 years ago. I guess someone else wanted to buy it but at a fraction of what it was worth. This friend was going to build a 16x24 cabin and went out to get all the proper permits. The building was 5km by atv back into the bush, they actually had to have the inspector (who was a friend of theirs) hope on the side by side and take him in. On the trip in he said "why get a permit out here, you should have just built the cabin" only to have someone call in a complaint about a cabin being built on private property not 1 week later.

    It all depends on who the neighbours are.
    No doubt,the complainant is the guy who couldn't make the deal. It's sour grapes or small town petty politics. This would be a good reason to use portable,temporary camps. People can b**ch all they want,but,they can't do anything about it.

  10. #49
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    $350/hunter per week and trail maintenance or blind construction labor. No prorating ...pay for the week even if you only come up for a day. Basically covers taxes +15%

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •