Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help needed - suggestions for a camera thief

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Default Help needed - suggestions for a camera thief

HELLO GUYS

I need some suggestions I have had a bear barrel taken. It was replaced. we hung a camera in a steel box with a cable lock. The tree was cut down with an axe. camera, box, solar panel and the entire tree is gone. the 2 bear sprayers were removed and smashed to bits and left for us to see. then they pounded on the barrel with an axe trying to get the lock off. the only consolation I have - their axe is pooched. There is a monster bear there so I don't want to give in. I'm on crown land miles from the nearest building. there is no cellular service there. I'm willing to buy another couple cameras because I will catch these anti-hunters and payback is a .

any suggestions on a camera that will work. I will monitor the parking spot and the baitsite. I want a licence plate and a face to go with it.. I will find them!

these people/person left stuff behind and I know they will be back ... it will be priceless to see their faces when they see me!

thanks in advance guys Skeeter
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Geez - sorry for your luck Skeeter. I can't think of anything more you could've done for security. I would suggest putting the next camera up high where it can't be spotted. If you've got any old cameras that don't work, put them out as the decoys.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

if I had cell service I would by a cellular unit.

I'd have their pic on my email before they could tamper with it.

I don't care about the camera because when I confront them they will be paying for all and everything!

these people need to be taught a lesson. it would be good for all hunters to make an example of them so that the word would get around!
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

sorry to hear!
    my old man still doesn't believe in cameras. he rather spends weeks in stands. no way, I would be able to, but honestly he knows more about game movement than any camera would ever capture (wonder if he's wiser to spend the time out there than me at work and the www)
    if you are determined, get out soon. stay away form the actual site and monitor the access routes, chances are they are proud of what they did and will come back for more... (they likely more willing to take extra effort; if there is another road going in with a longer hike no problem - they know that it's going to pay off in their weird minds)
    if you have talked to anyone about your bait site in the past month or two, do it again (you never know if they coincidentally discovered it or were informed by someone)

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Spy point has cameras where the picture is sent to a black box 250-500 feet away. So they can take the camera and as long as they don't find the black box you've got them. Hope you catch them!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    I'm willing to buy another couple cameras because I will catch these anti-hunters and payback is a .
    Sorry to hear you have some creeps messing and destroying your stuff..

I'm curious as to why you figure they're anti-hunters....sounds like the location etc would lead to the fact it was another hunter that is wanting to destroy your bait site.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

We have a guy in Ottawa on Crown that thinks he owns a whole swath of land. Scary guy and maybe that i swhat is happening. First time you hunted the area? Maybe it is "his", that much damage would suggest anti hunter or some guy thinks he owns the site??? SOrry to hear none the less, and I hope you get him and turn him into police, plus notify MNR and have another charge of interferring with a legal hunt.
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I hope you get him....just make sure you keep your cool, I don't want to see you get in trouble....that spy point camera sounds like what you might need
    Best of luck with the thief and the bear
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The fella down the Paden road?

Quote Originally Posted by line052 View Post
    We have a guy in Ottawa on Crown that thinks he owns a whole swath of land. Scary guy and maybe that i swhat is happening. First time you hunted the area? Maybe it is "his", that much damage would suggest anti hunter or some guy thinks he owns the site??? SOrry to hear none the less, and I hope you get him and turn him into police, plus notify MNR and have another charge of interferring with a legal hunt.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by line052 View Post
    plus notify MNR and have another charge of interferring with a legal hunt.
    I'm pretty sure this incident would not qualify for those charges? Theft? Vandalism? yes, but since Sk33t3r was'nt actually on site and hunting at the time?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast