Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910
Results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: This is why we need to fight ISIS

  1. #91
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    One thing the media, people on FB etc overlook is.

    These aren't the times gone by when other groups have fled countries be it Cipriots and Greece, "boatpeople" and so many others.
    When we (and other countries) took in refugee's with open arms. I don't think anyone had to consider the possibility that they could be insurgents/radicals, etc.

    I do think they can be vetted fairly quickly. However, let's not forget that everyone is also ripping Harper over all those counter measures and invasions of privacy.

    None of the above is meant as an excuse or condoning or anything. Simply, it is what it is.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #92
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBen View Post
    One thing the media, people on FB etc overlook is.

    These aren't the times gone by when other groups have fled countries be it Cipriots and Greece, "boatpeople" and so many others.
    When we (and other countries) took in refugee's with open arms. I don't think anyone had to consider the possibility that they could be insurgents/radicals, etc.

    I do think they can be vetted fairly quickly. However, let's not forget that everyone is also ripping Harper over all those counter measures and invasions of privacy.

    None of the above is meant as an excuse or condoning or anything. Simply, it is what it is.
    Harper knows what he is doing and did mention in few sources; that he is not willing to risk security measure's in Canada just to let in thousands of refugees without screening. I couldn't care less what NDP and Liberals are saying about it. SECURITY of our Canadian should not be jeopardized by the few. We already had home-grown terrorists enough to justify the action screening the refugees, especially coming in from war-torn country or fanatical-radicalized islamist.

    we don't need another Cpl. Nathan Cirillo incident or any civilian measures.

  4. #93
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    If you open the floodgates without screening, guaranteed the enemy will use this to get in. What will JT or Mulcair say in 3 years if a radical blows up a subway stop in downtown Toronto? OOOps, Harper was right? Won't help the kids who will have their parents shredded by a radical.
    Iím suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

  5. #94
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrym View Post
    If you open the floodgates without screening, guaranteed the enemy will use this to get in. What will JT or Mulcair say in 3 years if a radical blows up a subway stop in downtown Toronto? OOOps, Harper was right? Won't help the kids who will have their parents shredded by a radical.
    all they would cry about is more gun control and guess who's fault it was in the first place, cause he got rid of the registry ...
    facts have no place in today's politics (well not that there was much of truth in politics at any given time at any given place).
    I always thought that the more information people have, the better their decisions will be. unfortunately, it appears that people are more superficial than they have ever been, because they think bad choices have no impact. they will be mistaken with this one. opening the floodgates will have irrevocable consequences!

  6. #95
    Coarse fish magnet

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrym View Post
    http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/31...e-in-new-video

    To all those who think Harper is a war monger for sending jets to fight these savages, please read this and try to justify your criticism. He is the only candidate with brains and morals.
    Oh you mean bomb Iraq again ?

    Just how we bombed them multiple times since the 90s.

    FYI this is a result of Mr. Bush's escapades in that region, had they kept Saddam in power this massive mess would never have occured in the first place.

    So that's a great idea !

    Let's go to war 4th time's the charm ;-)
    Those who profit from death, misery, and destruction have mastered propaganda and the art of persuasion - There will always be the "Other"

  7. #96
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afraz View Post
    Oh you mean bomb Iraq again ?

    Just how we bombed them multiple times since the 90s.

    FYI this is a result of Mr. Bush's escapades in that region, had they kept Saddam in power this massive mess would never have occured in the first place.

    So that's a great idea !

    Let's go to war 4th time's the charm ;-)
    and the winner of the stupidest post in the least informed post category of this thread is.... Afraz! Winner also for the let them die and stick our heads up our a**es category. I am sure there were some that made the same comments about fighting Germany a second time but it shows no recognition of the realities and just a simplification to avoid thinking.

    If anyone is to blame for the creation of ISIL is it Turkey and Qatar for their funding of the anti-Shia / Anti-Bassara groups, then Obama for an early withdrawal and the destabilization of Libya that lead to the "Arab Spring" and Muslim Brotherhood summer.

    As for Sadam, so you preferred leaving a mass murderer in power? He kept the country stable because he repeatedly used violence and even chemical weapons against Kurds and Shi'ite Muslims. There were tons of mustard and sarin chemical weapons found in Iraq but not the types or quantities that Bush stated, however I think given time and the increased improvements of the Al Hussein missiles (Scud) we would have had a much larger issue. Sort of like the Yemen ballistic missiles being fired into Saudi Arabia.... oh and are you going to blame Bush for that too?

    Yemeni ballistic missile attacks continue against Saudi Arabia

    http://www.janes.com/article/53865/y...t-saudi-arabia

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •