Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog Sports -Feeding , Nutrition and Training

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Dog Sports -Feeding , Nutrition and Training

I believe it's time to add a feeding and nutrition forum related to all dog sports. If forum members wish to discuss nutrition related to training hunting dogs, agility, show dogs, dock dog competition, dog sledding ,skijoring this would be the thread. Nutritional scientific papers could also be posted so that all forum members are kept current with the latest news or breakthroughs. Lets face it not everyone hunts with dogs and this would open up the forum to new readers involved in other dog sports.
    Last edited by yellow dog; September 1st, 2015 at 05:56 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Since this topic has always been one of the most divisive on the forum, I don't think it would garner much support.

How many threads on Beneful and Raw Diets have been locked by the mods ?

Dog nutrition seems to be something that should be discussed between themselves and their vet.
    Last edited by MikePal; August 31st, 2015 at 04:09 PM.

User Info Menu

I and many others would have much to contribute and invite others to contribute from these dog sports. It's only divisive because of lack of understanding or being closed minded to the subjects presented. Keep in mind you don't need to contribute but read new current updated knowledge being presented by other potential forum members never presented before.. Tons of other dog professionals willing to share knowledge.
    This has nothing to do what a vet says but a nutritionist in the field studying working animals that take part in all dog sports. Many topics if not most can become divisive if not understood because of lack of knowledge . Remember that's why we have the mods if rules have been ignored or forgotten and need reminding.
    Last edited by yellow dog; August 31st, 2015 at 06:39 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yellow dog View Post
    or being closed minded to the subjects presented.

Many topics if not most can become divisive if not understood because of lack of knowledge .
    and that is how it begins...LOL...

User Info Menu

Good effort but no cigar ! LOL It's very easy to pick and choose how yo want it to read to change the entire context. Your a strange cat.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Gotta side with MP on this one.

Numerous threads where one person's opinion of what works for them is "ignorance".

BTW - I've fed old roy to 4 dogs two of which are still alive and they have average life spans of 15 years and counting. A lot of people think because you've done something different, complicated, or more expensive, you've done something 'better'. Not always the case. Now that I've lobbed my grenade, I'm outta here.

User Info Menu

Again the thread is Dog Sports other than hunting dogs. This would entail feeding ,nutrition ,training related to OTHER DOG SPORTS. Remember this is Ontario Out of Doors not Ontario Closed Doors. Opens the door to new forum members offering insight to other dog sports. You can continue to go on and on about this dog food thing all you want but the thread is the introduction of other outdoor related dog activities. Cart or rig racing, bikejoring, skijoring, agility, flyball, dock dog competition the list goes on and on. Why would you not include these dog sports and the opportunity not to have new potential members join .

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yellow dog View Post
    Again the thread is Dog Sports other than hunting dogs. This would entail feeding ,nutrition ,training related to OTHER DOG SPORTS. Remember this is Ontario Out of Doors not Ontario Closed Doors. Opens the door to new forum members offering insight to other dog sports. You can continue to go on and on about this dog food thing all you want but the thread is the introduction of other outdoor related dog activities. Cart or rig racing, bikejoring, skijoring, agility, flyball, dock dog competition the list goes on and on. Why would you not include these dog sports and the opportunity not to have new potential members join .
    nothing wrong with the above, but HOW do you think to get a lot of those (new) guys talking on this forum? and the posts be better good / somewhat new and they better get going all at once, otherwise the threads will go the same way as they have done in the past.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by werner.reiche View Post
    BTW - I've fed old roy to 4 dogs two of which are still alive
    Well that's a good sign..LOL
    Rick

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by last5oh_302 View Post
    Well that's a good sign..LOL
    The ones that aren't alive were born in 1982 and 1992.
    The ones that I still have are both born in 2001.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast