Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog Sports -Feeding , Nutrition and Training

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yellow dog View Post
    I believe it's time to add a feeding and nutrition forum related to all dog sports. If forum members wish to discuss nutrition related to training hunting dogs, agility, show dogs, dock dog competition, dog sledding ,ski -joring this would be the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow dog View Post
    Again the thread is Dog Sports other than hunting dogs. This would entail feeding ,nutrition ,training related to OTHER DOG SPORTS. Remember this is Ontario Out of Doors not Ontario Closed Doors. Opens the door to new forum members offering insight to other dog sports. You can continue to go on and on about this dog food thing all you want but the thread is the introduction of other outdoor related dog activities. Cart or rig racing, bikejoring, skijoring, agility, flyball, dock dog competition the list goes on and on. Why would you not include these dog sports and the opportunity not to have new potential members join .
    So what is it Yellow Dog, hunting dogs included or not...you're confusing us ?

You have this all twisted....there already is a 'Forum' called the 'Sporting Dogs' Forum....which entails all things wonderful like " Cart or rig racing, bikejoring, skijoring, agility, flyball, dock dog competition the list goes on and on ". They even kicked out all dogs stuff not related to Sporting.

I'm not even sure what you want from reading your posts, it sounds like your not sure either.

Noticed that the same old same old 'dog food' arguments have cropped up on another thread..why would you think we need a whole forum dedicated to 'Feed and Nutrition' when the topic creates such animosity.

http://www.oodmag.com/community/show...l-gland-issues

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Waftrudnir View Post
    nothing wrong with the above, but HOW do you think to get a lot of those (new) guys talking on this forum? and the posts be better good / somewhat new and they better get going all at once, otherwise the threads will go the same way as they have done in the past.
    I appreciate the positive reply.Basically it could be under Sporting Dogs but I like Dog Sports better. It would be set up as different dog sport categories so that current forum members and new can click on and contribute to. I have many connections with other dog sport clubs and organizations that I would contact personally and inform them of the dog sports forum.Most of these clubs have scheduled events that they could post on the forum. It would be a very new to most and interesting as well. We would all be informed about other dog sport competitions in Ontario that we would not normally here about and possibly attend.

We would learn about other training methods and conditioning , equipment ,seminars and gain new knowledge . It may spark a new interest during the off season for hunters to keep there dogs in shape as well as themselves. If other forum members would like to add positive ideas on how this could be formatted please contribute. The more positive feedback the better !
    Last edited by yellow dog; September 1st, 2015 at 03:53 PM.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

so you want our forum being infiltrated by non-hunters?
    LOL
    hey, a little bit of change and new info is good, but I wonder how many hunters are going to sign up their dogs in Frisbee competitions ;-)
    perhaps a thread or two would shed light on how the dog sport topic actually works out on here.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Ontario Out of Doors is only for those who hunt, I did not know that.

User Info Menu

Many of my hunting companions are involved in these dog sports already. What a great way to bring them on board.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

IMO it is a good suggestion to break out the Dog category into subsections in some form.
    National Association for Search and Rescue

User Info Menu

It would then become a complete outdoor dog forum with these subsections. I like !

Past Administrator

User Info Menu

Posts of this nature can go in the Dog House forum as this forum was created as a "Place to post other non-sporting dog related material (news, off topic dog-related stuff)"

User Info Menu

That is not what's being proposed or suggested here. What's being proposed(suggested) is Dog Sports with sub sections created for the many outdoor dog sports besides hunting dogs. Is this not the Feedback and Suggestion spot ?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It is common on forums for members to request a variety of sub topics. I've also seen that the more sub topics, the thinner the conversation unless the forum is huge. The dog section is not huge in participation.

In this case , it is tempting to have a "nutrition related to training hunting dogs, agility, show dogs, dock dog competition, dog sledding ,ski -joring " section as it might keep other threads from being hijacked with nutrition related talk. But probably nutrition talk would continue to pop up in most all threads.

I consider "Ontario-Out -of Doors" to be a fishing and hunting forum. If I had my way there wouldn't be a Dog House section , but just a "Hunting and Training your Gun dog" section.

However , no forum will please everyone and I enjoy it as it is.
    Last edited by Sharon; September 3rd, 2015 at 09:59 PM.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast