Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Bear Shooting Video Reignites B.C. Hunting Debate

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Question: let's say this video was never posted. In this case everyone, who understands what is wrong with this video, is ok? All is cool now?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Oh well, some people here are making an awful lot of this, sometimes the animals we hunt don't drop on the spot feet in the air, it happens, ever watched a Grizzley kill a Moose? It ain't pretty.

Shouldnt have been posted, but that actually happens, if it hasn't happened to you then maybe you don't get out as much as some others. I don't see a dramatic difference in that than watching a big whitetail run for 100 yards on video with blood shooting out of its arse, and I've seen that on Wild TV a few times.....

Yelling and and screaming doesn't do it for me, but have you seen how excited Stan Potts gets?, one of the most famous and respected deer hunters, what's the difference.

Hunters kill animals sometimes it ain't pretty, but don't hide behind some sense that we should pretend that it's something it isn't, we don't harvest, we kill and we eat, there's nothing to be ashamed in that, it's an honourable thing, don't be scared or ashamed, it's part of being a normal human being IMHO

Frosty

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    we don't harvest, we kill and we eat, there's nothing to be ashamed in that
    Frosty
    Agreed. Harvesting is what you do on the farm with a harvester and it has nothing to do with hunting.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Oh well, some people here are making an awful lot of this, sometimes the animals we hunt don't drop on the spot feet in the air, it happens, ever watched a Grizzley kill a Moose? It ain't pretty.

Shouldnt have been posted, but that actually happens, if it hasn't happened to you then maybe you don't get out as much as some others. I don't see a dramatic difference in that than watching a big whitetail run for 100 yards on video with blood shooting out of its arse, and I've seen that on Wild TV a few times.....

Yelling and and screaming doesn't do it for me, but have you seen how excited Stan Potts gets?, one of the most famous and respected deer hunters, what's the difference.

Hunters kill animals sometimes it ain't pretty, but don't hide behind some sense that we should pretend that it's something it isn't, we don't harvest, we kill and we eat, there's nothing to be ashamed in that, it's an honourable thing, don't be scared or ashamed, it's part of being a normal human being IMHO

Frosty
    Well said frosty!!!! You get it ,a lot of people on here get it and agree with what you are saying!!!!

Be careful. Don't be surprised if you are taken to task over your comments though. If you don't follow, to the letter , some ideology on here and agree EXACTLY with those narrow minded, short sighted , self centred,egotistical opinions, you are WRONG!!!! You're not supposed to think for yourself, you're just supposed to agree!!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Shouldnt have been posted,
    ...."EXACTLY" !!.
    Last edited by MikePal; September 25th, 2015 at 10:25 AM.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Frosty
    Hi Frosty,

It was the Wildlife Defense League(WDL) that made sure this video got a good airing, they are pushing the B.C. government to place a moratorium on trophy hunting grizzly bears. This video has had over a million hits, and it's a glaring example of what ethical hunting is not. You let something like this take over public opinion, and the next thing you know all hunting will cease and desist. The government will simply give into public pressure from the non-hunting community, and believe me there is a lot more of them, than there are of us. Having said that if you study this movie long and hard. Things start to look pretty suspicious , it looks like something that was conceived in the minds of the WDL. Trophy hunters don't want to spoil the head and cape of their trophy so they target the animal where these thing won't get damage by the bullets. In this video the individual doing the shooting sets out to follow through on these notions of how trophy animals must have to be taken. He doesn't direct his shots at the head or cape area, instead he targets the bear's hind quarters. Even his follow up shots were directed at this area of the bear, when he wasn't on target his bullets were landing behind the fleeing bear. Hunter, always, have a good laugh about the way an animal dies. Listen how this bunch of characters were having a good laugh as this bear cartwheeling down the slope in its death roll. This video is so much about what hunting is not that it should turn the stomach of any respectable hunter. In my mind, at least, it pretty clear, that the WDL had a hand in its production somewhere. Some defenders of wildlife they are, their ideas of how things go do on a trophy hunt, put this beautiful creature through a living torment, far from being cleanly killed. This bear was disgustingly butchered alive. If you want to dismiss it as being something other wise its your prerogative.

You do stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Gun Nut..... your comments above are a little hard to swallow........ it looked like a pretty good hunt to me..... I don't have an issue with the hunt or film....just the posting of it on youtube.... silly guy ruined a great hunt by doing so...
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Sorry Gunnut I don't agree with your opinion, I'm not trying to pass anything off as anything else, I just don't think that hunters should feel ashamed because sometimes the animals we hunt don't just drop on the spot, those animals lived a free healthy life, we pitted our wits against them, and on occasion we were successfull.

The meat we eat comes from a free wild creature that one day in one moment made a mistake in the game of wits we call hunting. That for me anyway is a very honourable situation for the animal and the hunter. BUT sometimes it's not pretty FACT,but that does not in any way detract from the process.

Have you ever had to chase down a cripple in a duck boat? Is that any different? Not for the duck lol, if it happens, is that because it was hunted by lowsey duck hunters, should they never duck again?? Of course not, the difference is that Joe public sees that animal as Mr. Big cuddly teddy bear, Oh boy how misinformed they are, that is a ruthless killing machine at the pinnacle of natures triangle, an animal that would eat you in a second, rip your guts out and eat you alive! One day he met his match, game over, was it perfect, no, was it unethical? Not in my opinion, it just didn't go as well as it could have. Spend enough time in the bush and you will know that something can go wrong with everything and if you considered that to the fullest extent you'd never ever pull the trigger, but we do because we play the probabilities.....

I'll say it again, if you've never made a bad shot, you haven't hunted all that much....

OAO

Frosty.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Gun Nut..... your comments above are a little hard to swallow........ it looked like a pretty good hunt to me..... I don't have an issue with the hunt or film....just the posting of it on youtube.... silly guy ruined a great hunt by doing so...
    With you 100 percent on your observations, comments, and down to earth appraisal of REALITY!!!! BUT, some people still want to ,split hairs, take the high road and keep their head in the clouds. All to put on a face of deception and to save face!!!

Move to to the front of the class , fratri, you passed the test of , reason, reality and common sense!!! As most on this thread have!! But.......... You can't argue with god like individuals that can't comprehend, someone else's opinion that, varies from theirs.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

This video was a godsend for the Wildlife Defense League to beat us over the head with in their campaign to end all trophy hunting and the Wolf cull in BC. I think it's a "reach" to claim it was faked/photoshopped or whatever you chose to call it without solid proof. After just some cursory internet searches,this thing looks like it has real "legs." There's no way we can stop the "dummy crew" among us from posting this stupidity because stupid is as stupid does. If enough people keep this nonsense up,we'll be handing these organizations the clubs to beat us to death with. We all need to think long and hard about what pictures we take and what we do with them. If this isn't a wake-up call then,we're screwed.
    Last edited by trimmer21; September 25th, 2015 at 11:00 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast