Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Need Battery help ASAP

  1. #1
    Mod Squad

    User Info Menu

    Default Need Battery help ASAP

    So murphy's law strikes again. Just when I need my e-collar the most the battery craps out on me . At best maybe 2 weeks before I can get a new one online. Anyone know where I can get one yesterday? Its a NiMH battery. 4.8 volts 400 mAH A5 40aaam4smx.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    That sucks maybe someone from the forum has a backup caller they can let you borrow until your battery arrives

    I have an old one until two weeks ago and it died so I threw it out otherwise I would have been happy to help you

  4. #3
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Have you tryed '' Total batterie" in otawa? im shure they have one in gta also. they have always had any rare bateries i needed in stock . worth a try

  5. #4
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Go to The Source or Best Buy and look at the battery replacements for portable phones (not cell phones, but the cordless phones you use around the house). There are not very many sizes or connectors for these things so you will almost certainly find something that works (might not be the same capacity or pretty, but "works" is the key word.

    Also, why do you think the existing one ISN'T working? It's unusual for NiMH to just crap out completely and suddenly.

    If it isn't taking a charge, it probably has internal dendrite growth. There is a nasty trick that you can use to fix that.

    Take a high quality Duracell 9V battery, hook two wires between it and the terminals of the little NiMH battery. You want to connect it with very short wires and hold them on for not more than about 10 seconds. Run them + to + (red) and - to - (black). About 90% of the time this will clear the internal short in the NiMH and allow it to take a charge again. Don't go longer than 10 seconds or the NiMH will get very hot and it will damage it more (plus could pop open).

  6. #5
    Mod Squad

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scarkner View Post
    Go to The Source or Best Buy and look at the battery replacements for portable phones (not cell phones, but the cordless phones you use around the house). There are not very many sizes or connectors for these things so you will almost certainly find something that works (might not be the same capacity or pretty, but "works" is the key word.

    Also, why do you think the existing one ISN'T working? It's unusual for NiMH to just crap out completely and suddenly.

    If it isn't taking a charge, it probably has internal dendrite growth. There is a nasty trick that you can use to fix that.

    Take a high quality Duracell 9V battery, hook two wires between it and the terminals of the little NiMH battery. You want to connect it with very short wires and hold them on for not more than about 10 seconds. Run them + to + (red) and - to - (black). About 90% of the time this will clear the internal short in the NiMH and allow it to take a charge again. Don't go longer than 10 seconds or the NiMH will get very hot and it will damage it more (plus could pop open).
    Tried the source and a couple of small electronics shops. Although close none are close enough to what I need. Battery just doesn't hold a charge anymore. Really don't want to mess with the collar need it to be consistent.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  7. #6
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I had to order a charger for my Dogtra 2500 t&b because I left it up North at the cottage. The collar clinic had one to me in 7 days. Great people to deal with.
    Iím suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

  8. #7
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I go to sayal for batteries... have lots of electronic components
    Member of the OFAH, CCFR/CCDAF.
    http://firearmrights.ca/

  9. #8
    Mod Squad

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I have an extra e collar you could use , but you are quite a drive from me.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett


  10. #9
    Mod Squad

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domination View Post
    Have you tryed '' Total batterie" in otawa? im shure they have one in gta also. they have always had any rare bateries i needed in stock . worth a try
    thanks for the heads up. Called the Barrie store guy quoted me 38 bucks however have to wait 2 weeks to ship it to his store. Told would of gladly paid 38 bucks today and driven up to Barrie for the convenience however can have it shipped to my door for 25 in less time. What is the point of having a store without the products...almost feels like shopping at Basspro.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  11. #10
    Mod Squad

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrym View Post
    I had to order a charger for my Dogtra 2500 t&b because I left it up North at the cottage. The collar clinic had one to me in 7 days. Great people to deal with.
    Thanks will give them a call first thing tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I have an extra e collar you could use , but you are quite a drive from me.
    May take you up on that we can always meet up a Hullet.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •