Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: what gun do you use??

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bcxextreme View Post
    I am having some issues with my accura. It seems very sensitive to a dirty barrel.I shoot two shots with it and at 50 yrds they will practically go through the same hole. The third shot is a flyer.I adjusted the load and spit swabbed between shots but I still get the crud ring. It seems to prefer a perfectly clean barrel. Not a big deal for hunting but it makes it a bit frustrating at the range.
    Best advice is cva Blackhorn 209 breech plug and switch to Blackhorn and you will never have to swab between shots and no crud ring ever. Trust me make the switch.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pbonura View Post
    Best advice is cva Blackhorn 209 breech plug and switch to Blackhorn and you will never have to swab between shots and no crud ring ever. Trust me make the switch.
    $70 per 10 oz. even not for a pound while T7 is more than twice cheaper.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Ya I was all for switching to BH but the price wow. I can even do my own breech plug mod but still.If I can find it for less I will try it but until then I am just going to have to suffer with the cleaning. I also need to try different primers etc. Since I have a small lath I may make some adapters for using normal rifle primers as well.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Same reason for me. I like BH, have breach plug, tried once, liked it. But then realized, I use 5-6 oz every range session, which usually comes as two jugs of BH per month or 1 1/4 of T7. No, I don't mind to clean for that price difference.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I did pick some up today.I got it for 60.00 a jug.Still very pricey but I can do the breech plug mod myself so I dont need to spend the extra 50.00. There is enough info on it that i should be able to get the load/bullet combo figured out without burning through too much of it. The rest will be kept for hunting only so it should last many season's.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910