Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: what gun do you use??

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Savage also...started out with a traditions tracker...lost confidence in its ability to shoot good groups..so bought the savage...awesome ml and no longer worry about corrosion...

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Savage Axis w stainless steel .270 (all rounder for big game)
    just a stock bushell scope 3x9x40.

i'm confident with shooting up to 200m just need to work on the breathing, recoil and thumbing issues. otherwise i hit center with 2" spread on 130 gr federal for now.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I use a T/C encore but in the past have used a cva wolf, traditions pursuit, and a t/c omega that my wife uses now.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I use CVA Accura V2. Got scoped one on good sale in Cabelas right before they disappeared. They claimed it is factory zeroed but it was not. Elevation variance was more than 11"!!! But accuracy is amazing, 1.25" group on 200m. My favourite is Hornady SST 250gr. I wouldn't say Powerbelts are bad too.
    Last edited by isartw; November 7th, 2015 at 11:39 PM.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I shoot a stainless knight vision. Groups extremely well out past 200 yards with Barnes x spitfire's and 150gr triple 7. Also shoot a custom over under made with knight barrels shoots great aswell. I went with the knight originally as they are hammerless with a simple trigger safety like most rifles.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Savage ml-11. Upgraded from a cva optima with nickel plated barrel. Cva was good, corrosion resistant, but the pesky thing had too many flyers. When I pull the trigger now, it breaks like glass and I have total confidence in my grouping, and I don't have to wait for the smoke to clear. Watching how the animal behaved after the shot.....priceless.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trkyhntr21 View Post
    I use a T/C encore but in the past have used a cva wolf, traditions pursuit, and a t/c omega that my wife uses now.
    Any reason for the changes? You have used a few.How does the TC's compare with the pursuit

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mindane View Post
    I shoot a stainless knight vision. Groups extremely well out past 200 yards with Barnes x spitfire's and 150gr triple 7. Also shoot a custom over under made with knight barrels shoots great aswell. I went with the knight originally as they are hammerless with a simple trigger safety like most rifles.
    The Knights are beautles. Where did you purchase it.?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Final Flight View Post
    Savage ml-11. Upgraded from a cva optima with nickel plated barrel. Cva was good, corrosion resistant, but the pesky thing had too many flyers. When I pull the trigger now, it breaks like glass and I have total confidence in my grouping, and I don't have to wait for the smoke to clear. Watching how the animal behaved after the shot.....priceless.
    Obviously you have gone with smokless.That would be cool. There sure are some nasty pictures on the net though of blown up rifles.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isartw View Post
    I use CVA Accura V2. Got scoped one on good sale in Cabelas right before they disappeared. They claimed it is factory zeroed but it was not. Elevation variance was more than 11"!!! But accuracy is amazing, 1.25" group on 200m. My favourite is Hornady SST 250gr. I wouldn't say Powerbelts are bad too.
    Yes I am looking at that one.I know a guy who uses it and is quite happy with it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast