Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new smoke pole!!!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default My new smoke pole!!!

I took some of my guns in to see if I was going to get a decent trade.I wasnt expecting much ..lol. I must have caught them on a good day. I ended up getting the accura v2 mr.After my trade it cost me about 50.00 plus tax. I also purchased a really nice scope for it. I got a bushnell banner 4x12x40 as well as a few accessories. I cant wait to get out this weekend and get it sighted in.It is a very well made gun.They have done a great job with this one.Very solid, with no slop or poor fitting parts and The bore is perfectly smooth and shiny and the nitride coating is flawless. I think i,m going to enjoy this one for a very long time.Im really hoping there will be a nice buck taken with it this ML season.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Congrats on making a good choice, you'll be very pleased at how well it shots right out of the box.

I seem to remember that you plan on using pellets, but if you want to try and find the 'sweet' load, you will need to try loose powder...not to say that x2 pellets will not give you excellent results, but most inline perform best with 80-90 gr of T7.

Good buy !!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Nice rifle. I believe mike about the loose powder but why do guys always want to shoot three pellets. That's what I was told to shoot when I got my first muzzle loader..is there much gain going to a 150 load ...Thanks Dutch.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I have never shot three pellets.I have never seen the need.I may try it with this gun just to see the results in case I ever want to do any longer range shots. I will try the BH 209 once I can get my hands on it.I looked to see if The store had the breech plug for it but they didnt.I would have grabbed one if they had.I grabbed another pack of the federal premiums as well. This gun shoulders pretty much exactly the same as my wolf so there wont be anything new to get used to. I should be hitting the mark fairly quick.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

http://www.basspro.com/Bushnell-Bann...SSSELL_PRODUCT

This is the scope I went with.It should be a perfect match (i Hope anyway)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dutchhunter View Post
    but why do guys always want to shoot three pellets.
    It's dangerous and against Safety Warnings by Hodgdon to use more than 2 pellets of Triple 7....but guys still do it, thinking they will get more velocity and make them better shooters Haha..

The maximum load per shot should never exceed 120 grains (2) Pellets.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bcxextreme View Post
    http://www.basspro.com/Bushnell-Bann...SSSELL_PRODUCT

This is the scope I went with.It should be a perfect match (i Hope anyway)
    I like Bushnell scopes.....but for an ML I would have gone with the shotgun scope, same price and gives you an extra 1" of eye relief.

http://www.basspro.com/Bushnell-Bann...product/60304/

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I have one of those on my wolf.I wanted something better for longer distance on this gun.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bcxextreme View Post
    I have one of those on my wolf.I wanted something better for longer distance on this gun.
    I only mention it because I have a scar above my right eye because of a Rifle scope on my ML...the shot required I twist for the shot and I got bit....look for the longer eye relief since ..Haha

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Are guns rated for magnum loads not 150 g loads or three pellets Dutch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast