Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Follow up shot

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Hey nice product. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :moose: "I'd rather be in the bush hunting than playing golf anyday." :moose:

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fuel80guy View Post
    I shoot bh209 out of my tc triumph and just love it.
    The only down side of this powder is the dreaded follow up shot if required.
    I have the speed tubes but seem to loose powder when trying to pour in barrel for second shots.
    Any suggestions?

On an animal the size of a deer, I'd have to be asking how you manage to miss with the first shot? Buck fever?
    I know better, of course, on one occasion in the rifle and shotgun season, it took me three shots, with my shotgun, before I scored. The first two shoots were at perfect broadsides. The kill shot was head on, but at less than half the distance of the first two. What can I say the deer jump toward me and landed down in front of my tree platform. In surveying the location of my first two shot, the first found a 4" piss elm which the deer was behind, the second shot had a similar fate on the way to the deer, almost cutting in two a 2 1/2" piss elm. I concurred it way a sight problem and changed the sights on the gun. The gun had a right of center bias which broad the further out the ball traveled. With a set of new sights, I was able to correct it. If your guns is on your problem maybe a lack of practice, or your attempting too long a shot. There is, of course, the dreaded flinch, which with more practice you maybe able to loose.

You don't stop hunting because you get old. You get old because you stop hunting.
    - Gut Nut

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Just have your loose powder pre measured in a speed load I can pour mine in barrel and slide a bullet in as fast as any pellet.

but one thing I will say if your worried about follow up shots there's s bigger problem.. I've never taken one with my omega 200 yards n under it puts me down.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I use a 4 shot loader....just place it over the barrel, give it a twist so a full (load) chamber is over top of the barrel.. the powder falls into the barrel and you use your ball starter to push the bullet down to seat it.

I've actually used it while in the stand to reload while my heart was pounding and I was trying to rush to get it reloaded...worked great. I use it on the range all the time, fill it inside on the bench and then take it out.

So Mike, I bought into your sales pitch and acquired the XXXL chess piece! It is the exact product, however, it does lack the top lid on mine which is visible on yours. The open top somewhat resembles the exposed drum cylinder of a revolver.

Appears simple enough to use. The instructions state that one needs to twist (clockwise - one click) in order to drop a single load into the barrel.

However, I was unable to twist that cylinder even using some force whereas I expected that function to be smooth and easy. I haven't tried working that placed on on the muzzle though. Is there a need to first seat the device in order for that to work smoothly. In your case just how much force is needed to twist that thing?

EDIT: Pls disregard the questions - I took that apart and resolved the issue.
    Last edited by sharps4570; December 9th, 2015 at 10:40 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sharps4570 View Post
    however, it does lack the top lid on mine which is visible on yours. The open top somewhat resembles the exposed drum cylinder of a revolver.
    I'm surprised that you didn't get the top cover plate, it's advertised with it. It's not mandatory mind you as the bullet/sabbot seal the cylinder so the powder doesn't falls out. I don't use mine much as I'm usually just going from the house to the range, But I do carry it loaded in my possibilities bag when I'm hunting, so a cover is nice so crap doesn't fall into it.

Glad you figured out what was wrong, yes the cylinder should turn fairly easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12