Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headless deer found outside of Kitchener

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gooseman View Post
    I wondering if there was meat on the carcasses or were these deboned leftovers?
    Yea I think your probably right, just the leftovers from a deboning...stuffed into a garbage bag...makes more sense than trying to stuff a deer into the bag. Most 'Rack' poachers just cut off the head where the dear is shot and the (whole deer) carcass is left to rot in the bush.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

there's a group of poachers who were doing this in erbsville (outside waterloo) 2 years ago. maybe they're the same group.
    there's a few bad eggs around KW. i've had a run in with a group who use guns in a bows only zone and i'm pretty sure takes more deer than i can count. sometimes i wonder if reporting does anything in the south.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

pretty frustrating to see this in my part of the woods....

its really only a $150 fine? what kind of deterrent is that? what a joke....

it boggles my mind that a group of guys would get together and to take part in such a waste and such a disrespectful act, not to mention illegal.
    My name is BOWJ..... and I am a waterfowl addict!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Yea I think your probably right, just the leftovers from a deboning...stuffed into a garbage bag...makes more sense than trying to stuff a deer into the bag. Most 'Rack' poachers just cut off the head where the dear is shot and the (whole deer) carcass is left to rot in the bush.
    That's what I found in a local bush near me on the Wednesday after the gun hunt. The rack was gone but the deer had been gutted and the tenderloins removed. All the meat was still on the body as well as the hide. Any theories? MNR is investigating BTW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12