Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BH 209 ..Holy Crap!!!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default BH 209 ..Holy Crap!!!

My local shop irked me.He jacked the price up on 777 pellets just In time for ML season. They went up 6.00 from 39.00. Since he doesnt stock any thing else other than the white hots I figured i,d take a trip to the city and see if I could get the BH. Well I nearly fainted. 75.00 for a 10oz bottle, plus another 50.00 for the breach plug. I think NOT!!. I dont care how well It works I will never pay that price. I dont know how anyone could afford to sight their guns in at those prices.I ended up stocking up on 3 sizes of T7's. I got 30,50,60 grain pellets so I can fine tune my loads.I have enough to last quite a while. The only way I could ever see using BH is if I was able to smuggle some across the border..lol.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

63.00 lb. at Williams Arms in Port Perry.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    63.00 lb. at Williams Arms in Port Perry.
    Seriously!! I didnt even think to try them because I didnt figure they would even have it. Thats a better price than 75.00 for 10 oz. The cost of all muzzleloader supplies is getting pretty steep.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I found the 10oz bottle adequate for zeroing the ML with enough powder left to last a few hunting seasons or 2-3 range sessions.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yea I paid $65 in Brockville back in Jan....he special ordered it in, so I was kind of obligated.

But guys were saying it's magical and makes you shot much better, so I had to get it...Haha

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Ya it seems to be the Must Have propellant. Aside from less cleaning I really dont see the need. I might be persuaded if I didnt need to spend another 50.00 on a breach plug and a re loader so I,m not spilling it all over the place when I,m hunting. At the end of the day it wont make a dead deer any more dead.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bcxextreme View Post
    At the end of the day it wont make a dead deer any more dead.
    So far I have tried the Goex, Pyrodex and T7 in the same gun, with the same bullets....no real difference in performance....the deer sure didn't notice.

I don't buy into product hype and not expecting miracles, going into it with an open mind.
    Last edited by MikePal; November 26th, 2015 at 04:12 AM.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

T7 is still 39.99 before tax in Cabelas.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

It's quite a drive for me. If I ever am Out that way I,d stop buy. They seem to have pretty decent prices. The prices for some of the cleaning stuff is just retarded too. I saw a set from TC with some cleaning patches and stuff it was 70.00. Thats just nuts. I am going to have to start saving my worn out underwear to make cleaning patches from.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I called williams arms in PP.They said BH 209 was 49.99. I drove all the way there and found that the price was 67.99/10oz. Naturally I was not impressed but when I spoke to the owner(I assume) and explained it, he said the guy had given me the old price.He knocked 7.00 off the price because i,d driven all the way just for that so I got two jugs. I will do the breech plug mod myself so I will be joining the BH bandwagon very soon. Two containers should last me several seasons and by then there will be something new

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast