Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 208

Thread: 180$ fine delevered to my door!

  1. #11
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GW11 View Post
    So what if you weren't finished moose hunting yet? It's open for a couple of weeks yet in parts of the province. Was it a WMU specific survey?
    it was! its not a card but a peice of paper in the envelope with the tag! Theres not even a return adress!!! so were do i send it? same place as the cards we get in the mail for deer? Cards i get! This loose peice of paper sent to me 2 months before the actual hunt!!!! i dont get!

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDGE View Post
    Never heard of a fine for not answering , wonder if you will get one for not answering the mandatory bear, black bear questionnaire.
    Thanks for the reminder .
    Black Bear Questionnaire to be done by Dec 15 2015.
    Just put mine in the mailbox!!!

  4. #13
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    That was the first thing that I thought of. Was the ticket for LAST years reporting that the OP missed,maybe?
    No i didnt have a tag last year! Its for 2015

  5. #14
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waltman View Post
    Maybe you could visit a Justice of the Peace and state your explanation as to why it wasn't returned, it might get you a reduced fine. When do they actually want them returned by? I thought they gave you a few months and didn't rake you over the coals for not doing the paper work, I agree a friendly reminder would have been the respectful thing to do.
    Hunt was oct 8 to 15
    Report was due oct 29

  6. #15
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domination View Post
    Got a nice visite from CO at my house tonight!

    I've always been good with reporting and harvest questionnaires.
    Trapping harvest reports
    Bear, deer , turkey reports
    I have been voluntarily collecting and shipping wings and feathers for waterfowl study!
    I hunt moose on my land and on purchassed permition for county land near my house when im lucky enought to draw a tag!
    Well this years moose hunt was not successful and i kind of forgot about the "moose hunter questionnaire" Actually i thought it would come in the mail and i would fill it out then (like the deer and bear report)! But it actually came in the envelope when i received my Tag and stayed in bottom of the drawer!!!

    Well CO called during super and asked to met him outside! asked me a few questions and handed me a 180$ fine!
    "Fail to return moose questionnaire" is what the fine is for!
    I agree that the reporting is an essential tool in managing the local moose population. But what is 180$ of my hard earned money going to do for Moose or any wildlife?
    I know the CO is doing his job ( or what he is been told to do!!!) But i cant help being frustrated!!! a simple friendly reminder would of done the job! NO?
    It seems wrong seeing a CO with a nice flashy truck with an atv on the back knocking at my door during super time to hand over a fine for not returning a peace of paper by the Oct 29 deadline!
    Is this commune practice ?
    Here we enter a pool for 50$ and if your lucky you get a tag every 4-5 years! then the county charges 75$ for permition to hunt there land ( even if there are no permits required... for hunting any other game) And then this 180$ fine!
    Anyone else get this??
    Unfortunately mission accomplished. By handing out 1 ticket it has generated a discussion that may encourage those who may not have the inclination to submit theirs. Sure you could fight it but it will still cost you..... lost days wage or pay the fine you decide.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  7. #16
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Buy tags for 5 years before you can hunt. Get 7 days to hunt with bow only when the rut is off! report within 2 weeks or get a fine!WOW!
    And this on my own land were i see Moose tracks everywhere year round!
    If its got to be this way why would a CO drive around at 6pm and knock on doors handing out fines?? is there not conservation stuff to be done? Cant they send a fine or... by mail ?
    Just to think almost every time i walk out of my deer stand i here gun shots from guys shooting goose in there roosts well after legal time!

  8. #17
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Unfortunately mission accomplished. By handing out 1 ticket it has generated a discussion that may encourage those who may not have the inclination to submit theirs. Sure you could fight it but it will still cost you..... lost days wage or pay the fine you decide.
    Oh i aint fighting it ! Its not worth my time! and the law now that! im just complaining a lot !!! LOL

  9. #18
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domination View Post
    Buy tags for 5 years before you can hunt. Get 7 days to hunt with bow only when the rut is off! report within 2 weeks or get a fine!WOW!
    And this on my own land were i see Moose tracks everywhere year round!
    If its got to be this way why would a CO drive around at 6pm and knock on doors handing out fines?? is there not conservation stuff to be done? Cant they send a fine or... by mail ?
    Just to think almost every time i walk out of my deer stand i here gun shots from guys shooting goose in there roosts well after legal time!
    OK,that explains it. Your tag was for the archery hunt. The rules are different for reporting.

  10. #19
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I would've of said I sent it, lots of things go missing with Canada post.....

  11. #20
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    OK,that explains it. Your tag was for the archery hunt. The rules are different for reporting.
    Thats all we have here in wmu 65. I never herd of bieng fined for this before!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •