Thread: is it in season

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

That cat is a long way from Kenya. If the authorities don't get it I'm sure the climate will.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flash1 View Post
    That cat is a long way from Kenya. If the authorities don't get it I'm sure the climate will.
    I doubt that the climate will affect it as the Lion Safari at Rockton Ontario has them and has for many years.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Jungle Cat World is not far from us. Although,they don't have a Cheetah,they have Lions and Tigers. They say that escapees could live in this climate easy-peasy. They're the fastest animal on Earth and nothing to mess with. I hope they catch this thing quickly. It would be a shame to lose such a beautiful animal because of some idiot.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

the fact they can survive when they are spoon fed at kitty world or african safari isn't relevant. hunting in the snow is not something they will be able to do. think about our winter predators, lynx, wolves, etc.. and how their feet/pads/fur have developed for hunting in this climate. these animals won't die from the climate, they will starve to death in winter. and before they die, they will be desperate, and desperate animals are dangerous ones. keep your dog chained up in the yard? maybe not.....

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flytyermiller View Post
    the fact they can survive when they are spoon fed at kitty world or african safari isn't relevant. hunting in the snow is not something they will be able to do. think about our winter predators, lynx, wolves, etc.. and how their feet/pads/fur have developed for hunting in this climate. these animals won't die from the climate, they will starve to death in winter. and before they die, they will be desperate, and desperate animals are dangerous ones. keep your dog chained up in the yard? maybe not.....

X2

and it seems it might not be afraid of people which makes even more dangerous if it starts to starve

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Furthermore, it's likely never hunted before anyways, in africa or canada.
    a farmer will make the shot, or at least make the call for police to take the shot when it moves in to catch easy prey in a desperate attempt to survive. i'd be watching my livestock closely.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Some kittens are natural mousers, others are not. Either it will chase and catch food or not. Either way, thousands of dollars will be spent because of it.......

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Member for Life

User Info Menu

We need much stronger federal legislation against importing,owning or being in possession of ALL wild animals. Look at the mess in Florida with Pythons and Anacondas which have escaped during storms from "sanctuaries",zoos and some idiot private citizens. "Exotics" should never be allowed into the country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast