Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiley's Lake near Irondale

Just starting out

User Info Menu

2213 Bias Wiley's Lake near Irondale

Hello again,

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Wiley's Lake near Irondale. I have been into the lake via snowshoe, but had no auger with me! Fourty-five minutes and three feet of ice later.... I gave up. I have always wanted to go back, and have a map of the trails that lead there, but is it worth a shot? Anyone ever fish here?

Fish on-line shows Rainbows. Locals tell me there used to be many a Rainbow in there... but their experience was from the 70's. Its accessible in summer by canoe and bushwhacked portages off the Bark Lk Rd. Or by Sled in the winter. Would be nice to get in there for a day to experiment.

Anyone want to go try?
    Capture.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Was in there about 3 years ago in the later part of June. Canoed in from the stream half way up Bark Lake Rd. That last hill to climb before the lake is a doozy!

Marked 2 fish all day on the fish finder and had one follow up to about 3 feet below the surface. Rainbow? Who knows but it had enough flash on its skin for me to notice it below the water. I always swore I'd go back too. Maybe in a couple years when my son is old enough for a quick day trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Which one of those naked lakes is it? The one in the middle? Having trouble finding it on goggle maps

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Yes, the one in the middle. North of the 503, but south of Bark Lake. I have been in there, snowshoes, but couldn't fish it. I have a trail map made by someone from the Camp on Bark Lake.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

How long is the hike in from the road?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

An hour hike on snowshoe strait up the beaver ponds when frozen, or a couple hours following trail through bush. Or 10 min on sled.
    -could probably canoe there in an hour in summer.... spring is better due to high water.

I made this map, based off an older map someone from Bark Lake made, shows the old trails, most are foot trails, cannot fit a sled or ATV through. Notice the trail that goes all the way to the east end of Wiley's Lake.... thats called "Anoong". I would stay off the "Lakota" Trails, as the camp generally uses it. Most, if not all this land, with the exception of the camp, is crown land.

DO NOT PARK ON BARK LAKE ROAD IN THE WINTER! The camp plows the rd and will likely tow you if you are in the way. Summertime, no issues.

BarkTrailsMap.jpg

Not sure if the map was sent full quality... i can PM to anyone who wants a better copy.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hi I know this is an old thread but if you still have a better quality picture of the map could you PM to me. Ill be going there in the spring. Thank you

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

If you are going to Wileys Lake try Glamour lake to the east much easier access and is stocked with rainbows

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I live a couple miles from Wileys but have never been in there but poked around a bit on the east side of bark lake road for moose about 16 years ago. A bit west of there is Bow lake. I believe there are rainbows in there too.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Is Bow Lake not closed to ice fishing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast