Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Excals!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I far as I can tell..... They are priced the same....

Quote Originally Posted by robster View Post
    2016 ATA reps states the micro-355 retails for $1099.00. Are they priced the same or does U.S-Cdn conversion have to be considered?
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I'm having a chuckle reading all of this. I'm still shooting a Wolverine ! I think this might have been the first xbow they made.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fenelon View Post
    I'm having a chuckle reading all of this. I'm still shooting a Wolverine ! I think this might have been the first xbow they made.
    I've got a buddy who has been hunting with a Wolverine since around 1990. Still killing deer with it every year. The Wolverine was actually the second model they made, the Relayer was the first. I'm still using the same Phoenix I've had for the last 10 years. I still think the older Exo series bows are a lot nicer to shoot than the new Matrix or Micro bows.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

At one time or another I've been able to take a few shots with most of Excalibur's offerings over the years. I shot a borrowed Micro and REALLY liked it! If I was buying my first crossbow now I would definitely get a Matrix or Micro from the lower end of the available speed range (310/315). Having said that, none of those bows have yet convinced me to replace the Exocet 165 that I've been shooting for 20 years.
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

http://excaliburcrossbow.com/catalog/crossbow/micro_355 they also have a micro that shoots 315 and 305. They 355
    has a 280 pound draw weight...

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pbonura View Post
    http://excaliburcrossbow.com/catalog/crossbow/micro_355 they also have a micro that shoots 315 and 305. They 355
    has a 280 pound draw weight...
    Micro actually comes in 3 models now.

315 Camo only

335 Camo & Black

355 Camo only

The 355 has a 280lbs draw weight. I can't wait to get mine but it will be a bear to load... LOL

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    Micro actually comes in 3 models now.

315 Camo only

335 Camo & Black

355 Camo only

The 355 has a 280lbs draw weight. I can't wait to get mine but it will be a bear to load... LOL
    http://excaliburcrossbow.com/catalog...atrix_sapphire . They also have a 305 model and 400 model which are not called a micro but sure look like one.
    Last edited by pbonura; January 11th, 2016 at 07:59 AM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

The sapphire 305fps and the bulldog 400fps are Matrix limb based bows. We will never see a Micro that shoots 400fps.

Jeff

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    The sapphire 305fps and the bulldog 400fps are Matrix limb based bows. We will never see a Micro that shoots 400fps.

Jeff
    Would you make a bet on that. My guess if the 355
    micro is a success you will see a 380 micro next year. The 400 has a 280 pound draw and 14 inch power stroke. That will be a bear to pull back. Watched a youtube video on it and looks like they redesigned the front end. Guess they are still learning about the limitations on their new limb designs.
    Last edited by pbonura; January 11th, 2016 at 09:52 AM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

LOL

Never say never I guess.

To bump the Micro up to 380fps that would require approx 293lbs of draw weight. I say good luck on that one not for me...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast