Thread: Fishing resorts in New Brunswick

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default Fishing resorts in New Brunswick

Hey everyone,
    Just reaching out to see if someone has any suggestions regarding a reputable fishing resort in NB....My family and I are looking for a summer vacation spot (10 days in July) in New Brunswick, specifically looking for a FISHING /FAMILY RESORT/CAMP around Gagetown New Brunswick.
    My son got posted there last year so were thinking instead of going up north in Ontario for our summer vacation that we would make a trip across to the east coast to lower New Brunswick. The resort would have boat rental/s and so forth....Any info would be great...

Thanks in advance....
    To hunt & to fish = enjoying life; I live for the outdoors.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I don't know of any resorts, but I would look for something around grand lake, or kanabekasis & St. John rivers, they have some large stripped bass you can catch, along with Musky (which are invasive there), small mouth bass, and chain pickerel.

MC

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I live 45 minutes north of Gagetown and live on Grand Lake.

I'm new to the area, only been here 6 months, but in general, sport fishing in NB is Atlantic Salmon and Brook Trout, primarily river fishing. From what I've seen, the tourism is targeted around that. Coming from a family that fished Ontario extensively (north and south) for Walleye and now having met some locals and talked fishing, it's very different (and mostly fly fishing). So the typical resort fishing in NB is not going to like what you might think of in central or northern Ontario. If you wanted to come out here and fish, you would likely hire a guide to do some river fly fishing for Atlantic Salmon and there doesn't seem to be as much of that Gagetown area, as compared to say the Miramichi river.

I drive the north side of Grand Lake to get to Oromocto regularly and have never seen anything like a resort you are thinking. This includes French and Indian Lake, a couple other large lakes.

Obviously most of the tourism around here revolved around coastal regions, like the Bay of Fundy. Fundy national park isn't that far (about an hour) and might be a consideration, though fishing there wouldn't be much of an option.

By all means, this is only what I've sort of gathered, but by no means is it definite or to say what you are looking for doesn't exist, but again, the general lake side resort you find in Ontario won't be nearly as prevalent out here.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Here is something that seems more typical, but 2 hours from Gagetown.

http://www.ledgesinn.com/

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Gentlemen,
    Thanks for the info!!
    To hunt & to fish = enjoying life; I live for the outdoors.