Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: night hunting coyotes

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    They let us hunt coon's at night why not yot's?
    Only with .22 rimfire. Since most coon hunting is done with dogs, you're shooting treed coons with a .22 which is considerably safer than shooting across a field with a CF rifle.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by werner.reiche View Post
    Only with .22 rimfire. Since most coon hunting is done with dogs, you're shooting treed coons with a .22 which is considerably safer than shooting across a field with a CF rifle.
    I hunt my raccoons over bait at night. Still have the dog for tracking, just a lot nicer sitting 50 yards or so from a feeder bucket and shooting them on the ground. Warmer too for my old pup.. she just lays on her dog bed and I cover her with a heavy blanket.. cover myself too.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

We also use suppressors which helps keep the noise down in the middle of the night
    suppressor are illegal in Canada, but it's a good point, they're used in the UK for night hunting and I think Aus and NZ allow them.
    Even in Europe at least some countries allow them.
    "The dog is Small Munsterlander, the gun is Beretta."
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" A. Saint-Exupery.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I have never really understood why we can't have them in Canada. They reduce noise and recoil, generally allowing better accuracy. My wife's shooting definitely improves with our suppressed rifles over there. I have them on the .308 and the .300 Win MAG and thoroughly enjoy shooting them. I will be using the .300 on a night hunt for Hyena this summer!

Day 2 - Springbok trophy (4)[1].jpg

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KMG Canada View Post
    I have never really understood why we can't have them in Canada. They reduce noise and recoil, generally allowing better accuracy. My wife's shooting definitely improves with our suppressed rifles over there. I have them on the .308 and the .300 Win MAG and thoroughly enjoy shooting them. I will be using the .300 on a night hunt for Hyena this summer!

Day 2 - Springbok trophy (4)[1].jpg
    I think it is because Canada views them to be the tools of criminals.
    I think even having rifles with threaded barrels to accommodate this is banned here.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by werner.reiche View Post
    I think it is because Canada views them to be the tools of criminals.
    I think even having rifles with threaded barrels to accommodate this is banned here.
    They view just about anything to do with a firearm as tools of criminals..
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12