Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could change/create one hunting reg/law, what would it be?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default If you could change/create one hunting reg/law, what would it be?

Well, the title of the thread says it all really. (also posted a fishing version in that group)
    The only thing i would ask is that we steer clear of the First Nations thing. We don't need another one of those debates.

So, If you could change or create any regulation or law regarding hunting in ontario what would it be?
    it could be gun regs, slot sizes, seasons, or whatever.

i have many on my mind, but i'll save them for later, more interested in everyone else's takes.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I would allow handguns to be legal to hunt with. Never going to happen but if I could pick one it would be that.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I think the MNR should create a new process for changing/enacting/managing wildlife. This should include 1/2 MNR and 1/2 sportsmen. There could be different panels for hunting, fishing, etc. Like city or regional council. Ideas and changes would be argued and discussed on the topic and then a vote or show of hands would carry the change.
    Currently we're in a dictatorship. Who really runs the MNR? Stalin, Hilter? certainly not the user groups!
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    I think the MNR should create a new process for changing/enacting/managing wildlife. This should include 1/2 MNR and 1/2 sportsmen. There could be different panels for hunting, fishing, etc. Like city or regional council. Ideas and changes would be argued and discussed on the topic and then a vote or show of hands would carry the change.
    Currently we're in a dictatorship. Who really runs the MNR? Stalin, Hilter? certainly not the user groups!
    politicians run the MNR. That's the problem. The conservatives were just as bad as the idiots we have now.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I would like to see the use of lead shot allowed in our new Ontario Mourning Dove seasons.

Such a tasty sporting bird that many people would love to hunt with nice older small guage shotguns that can not shoot steel without damage to barrels.

Common sense dictates the doves are more of an upland bird found further away from wetlands than American Woodcock where we are still allowed to use lead shot.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Some good thoughts so far. I think Sunday hunting bans are stupid and rooted in 19th century Christianity. But would also like someone to change or explain why a .44cal rifle is not allowed in SW Ont but a .270 is....

Member for Life

User Info Menu

For group hunting the placing of a tag on a harvested animal I would like the word "immediately" removed and replaced with "as soon as reasonably possible".The notion that your a five kilometer hike away in the bush and must immediately tag an animal is pretty stupid.IMHO.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'd like to see Bowhunters have to pass a proficiency exam before they could buy their Tags....many states do it. Cuts down on wounded animals because hunters couldn't hit the vitals on a deer at 20 yds out of their treestands.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I would like to see them bring back handgun hunting and some kind of test for bow hunters...

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I'd like to see Bowhunters have to pass a proficiency exam before they could buy their Tags....many states do it. Cuts down on wounded animals because hunters couldn't hit the vitals on a deer at 20 yds out of their treestands.

Same logic could be applied to many gun hunters
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast