Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really blond animal on the road this morning

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Really blond animal on the road this morning

Don't worry, it did not have the long tail of a cougar.

I was driving in to Ottawa and noticed a large animal on the road at the end of my high beams. It did not bound like a deer and seemed a little more awkward. The colour seemed off too and no big flip of a tail but a similar size. The animal seemed almost blond in the headlights but was off the road and gone before we got close.

With it being so early and not near houses I wonder if it was possibly a light coloured wolf? It seemed to be a lot bigger than a coyote, the back would have been around the height of a small deer. The only other thought in my head is that some livestock got out, there are a number of people with creative goats around the area.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Big dog?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blasted_saber View Post
    Big dog?
    I had that thought but in a weird spot for that, was just an odd sight, not anything that would pop up my brain as known wildlife.

It was early though

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Cinnamon phase Black Bear?

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

You're looking at a time of year when the guard hairs start falling and leave the lighter color underfur showing. Your critter can be a lot of things, coyote, fox, deer, dog.....

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

While deer hunting in Bancroft this year some of the locals had mentioned seeing "white wolves". That is a possibility!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Still thinking about it, ha ha, deer tend to bound and have long bodies with long legs and that big tail, this thing fit more of that dog shape but larger and that tail was not really something that jumped out. It seemed to scamper off the road as opposed to jump or run, sort of awkward.

It could have been a bear I guess but I have not heard of any blond phase ones around this area.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

how big was it? Lynx usually are close to bond colour, more like golden.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Samsquach.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sounds like it might be a Lynx? Right now the deer have pretty dark colouring.
    Iím suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast