Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overkill by Wolfs

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Overkill by Wolfs

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/25...?intcmp=hplnws - what a waste of meat - from what I read this is more common then people think - wolfs killing more animals than they can eat

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

What I have read and understood over the years is that they kill indiscriminately to teach their young. It isn't done for food.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

i think you may want to think about the human factor here
    the site is a feedground so they are not roaming and feeding on the go the are being artificially kept in close proximity

giving the wolves the opportunity to do what they do

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Wonder how.many wolves it takes to take down 19 elk. Unless the elk were cornered somewhere I don't understand how they run down 19 elk in one day/night.

All I know is if I lived there and found that I'd be staking out a good vantage point of the kill site with my .308 for some payback

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

We as humans waste and throw out tons of food everyday, but when another species does it, we take issue with it?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B Wilson View Post
    We as humans waste and throw out tons of food everyday, but when another species does it, we take issue with it?
    Against the law to waste game, throw out a lettuce if you want.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You have got that right, our previous neighbors put out as many as 7 garbage bags on garbage day , and it was mostly food that their kids didn't like , [3 teenage girls]. They would open something up and if they didn't like it , into the garbage it went. Why they would not feed this to their dogs [3] I don't know , instead they would buy extra dog food.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    Against the law to waste game, throw out a lettuce if you want.
    Are you seriously suggesting that the animals should know, understand and comply with Ontario's hunting regulations?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Are you seriously suggesting that the animals should know, understand and comply with Ontario's hunting regulations?
    No I am saying it is only against the law for HUMANS let game spoil, you can throw out anything else you want.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    No I am saying it is only against the law for HUMANS let game spoil, you can throw out anything else you want.
    And you missed the point I was making

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast