Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the hell happend to prices over the last year!!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Check out Amazon.ca for lures too. I buy some off there, I may have a problem lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Local tackle shop prices for this years stock compared to last years stock is a 20% average increase in price. I was thinking of buying a few new ones, but I think I'll check ebay for replacements.
    Learn all you can about nature. What we don't understand, we fear and what we fear, we destroy.
    Teach a young person to hunt and fish, after all, someone taught you.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Pretty sure knock offs are the reason prices are so high. They figure they've already lost a bunch of us to cheap knock offs, so we won't pay 8 bucks for a lure. The people that were still paying 8 bucks are doing it because they think the knock offs are garbage. They figure those people will pay 15 for the same reason...

Can't beat 50 crankbaits for under 20 bucks...

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I'm going to keep my lures as an investment. They are going up in value almost as fast as my house. LOL.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    I'm going to keep my lures as an investment. They are going up in value almost as fast as my house. LOL.
    I saw the market value; a guys fishing lure collection (some very very nice ones) went go up on the block at an estate auction on Sun. There were 12 lures per display sheet...x15 sheets. The highest bidder was $12 a sheet on choice and he took them all....

His life's collection went for $180....LOL....a dinner for two and a bottle of wine.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Where did you get the molds? I am looking for tube jig lead molds to make 1/2 oz, 3/8 oz lead heads.

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    I got fed up with crazy prices on tackle so I started making my own jigs. I have the lead, the melting pot from casting bullets for my muzzle loader and made my own fluid bed. All I had to do was buy the molds, hooks and powder paint. Now I've got enough jigs made that will last til Trudeau gets a brain.
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

Just starting out

User Info Menu

The prices today are ridiculous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12