View Poll Results: Do you use cover scents to mask human odour?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 49.46%
  • No

47 50.54%

Thread: Ontario OUT of DOORS Poll - Do you use cover scents to mask human odour?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Question Ontario OUT of DOORS Poll - Do you use cover scents to mask human odour?

How do you use scents when hunting? We want to hear from you!

Please take a moment to answer our first of three quick questions above.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I drag a wick soaked in Fox Urine....seen it work to mask my boots scent. Deer ignore it.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I had great luck using attractant scents.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

just baking soda, it works for me

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I take Balsam needles and rub crushed needles on clothes and hands. When setting up a trail cam, this technique works great to keep bears from smelling your scent. Its a cheap to use.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

i spend a lot of time hunting back in my country of origin,Ukraine,where we usually do a group hunt
    i always wash my hunting clothing with scent control UnderArmour washing fluid and i use odor spray from Basspro prior to going into the forest
    i get lucky pretty often shooting a wildhog or a deer and my guys always wondering how come?
    that stuff isnt available back there and i keep my secret
    works great

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Everybody is concerned about removing the scent from clothes and boots, but in my opinion, the biggest source of human scent comes from breathing (more specifically from your exhale) which you have no control over. All scent killers and masking products work on clothes but nobody talk about breathing. So we just minimize the scent using scent killers or using masking products such as cedar scent etc....
    As far as scent removers, I would rather using odor remover detergents which I think works better than sprays. For masking I usually use cedar scent spray or put a branch of cedar tree in the dryer.
    Last edited by shikarchi; December 6th, 2017 at 02:57 PM.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I wash my clothes in scent free detergent, buts thats about it. When hunting for deer, I ALWAYS, take into consideration the wind. thats the key for me.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Nope I work the wind and save my money. Being able to smell 2 particles in a trillion, giving your pants a squirt is not going to do a thing.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

This time of year my car smells of deer in estrus pee. Lol

Past year I had a small buck follow my footsteps in the snow right to me thanks to spraying them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rob

CSSA/CFFR/OFAH