Thread: Older Browning 3-9x40 scope?

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default Older Browning 3-9x40 scope?

Does anyone know who made scopes for Browning?? The scope came with a BAR 30-06 I just bought, it is an older scope. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Is this a used rifle or new in the box?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=sgb;974852]Does anyone know who made scopes for Browning?? The scope came with a BAR 30-06 I just bought, it is an older scope. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE

They would have been made by any manufacture that gave Browning the best price to build scopes to their [Browning ] specs. most likely in Japan.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I have read that it was Bushnell that made the scopes for browning at one point. It may depend on when the scope was made.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yes Bushnell did up to 2007 and I believe and they were basically a 3200 without the rainguard. The early ones were made by redfield I think.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It would be hard to imagine Browning mounting some inferior quality scope on their firearms as they've always been considered one of the premium firearms makers. To put some low end Tasco on their rifle would certainly bring their reputation down somewhat.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I believe it was one of the companies that Bushnell bought out. Forget the name, forgetfullness comes with age< sorry guys.

I was also told that there's so much in there that's stored away it takes a while . It might have been Baush and Laumb
    Last edited by Bo D; May 19th, 2016 at 09:41 PM.
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks