View Poll Results: Do you use scent attractants while hunting?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 51.46%
  • No

50 48.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ontario OUT of DOORS Poll - Do you use scent attractants while hunting?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Question Ontario OUT of DOORS Poll - Do you use scent attractants while hunting?

How do you use scents when hunting? We want to hear from you!

Please take a moment to answer our second of three quick questions above.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Last season I synthetic deer attractant and it helped to lure a huge buck.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I have tried deer attactents and sent cover and had no success
    The deer attractents may have kept them away.

Wont bother again. Have the most luck playing nthe wind...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hikerman View Post
    Wont bother again. Have the most luck playing nthe wind...
    But playing the wind is only 1/2 the scenario..if you want that rutting Buck to come your way, you can use an attractant to lure him close to your blind/stand.

I've drawn in many bucks with an estrus soaked wick hanging off a branch..again play the wind for your position but also play the wind to carry the scent of the attractant....great fun to balance it all and have success.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I've used the scent sticks before. Seen some nice deer while I've had them out but also seen nice deer without them. Also had a lot of days where i saw nothing while they were burning.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hunt the bush. I use 1-2 little scent bottles (the bright orange ones) with either Tinks 69X or a mature buck scent. Also have a scent warmer that I use as well. Can't say it works, can't say it doesn't, have shot deer with and without using them. I think it really all depends on the weather and wind you have that day. But I did find when I had them out it seemed to slow the deer down a bit, they were not so eager to push through my area.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I probably use scents the most out of anyone in our hunting group and have easily seen the most deer from my stand over the years. I suppose that could be a coincidence, but I doubt it. I usually use Tinks Doe-in-Estrous and put out 4 or 5 wicks each time I head out to the stand. I also use raccoon urine as a cover scent as well.
    Blaming guns for Columbine is the same thing as blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I use scent away to cover my scent. Sometimes i carry a bottle of Tinks 69x .

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I wash my gear in baking soda and keep it stored in a plastic bin with cedar boughs. Put a few drops of raccoon urine on my boots to head into my hunt spot.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I haven't tried any as of yet, but I bought some sticks to burn this year, so will see what happens next week.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast