Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Older outboard motor parts

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Seems to be running OK now been running in the barrel for for an hour set at slow. I should have bought an Evinrud like my gut told me.

MikePal if you buddy has those parts or knows where to get them still let me know. Have to try and get them before June 30. We have our Backup motor Teddy if the engine suffers a complete melt down. The ole Sears Ted William never lets me down just very slow loud noisy engine

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I spoke with my buddy his morning and he recommend trying Pirate Cove or Kemptville Marine...which is north of Kemptville on River road towards Pirate Cove.

He said that KM is probably your best bet, the guy is apparently really good.

http://www.kemptvillemarine.com/

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

you could give these guys a call as well, they have a mercury graveyard in the west end

http://www.aimmarine.ca/

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Thanks Wilson I will check them out.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

try this, I recommend it: http://www.themarinedoctor.com/
    “Think safety first and then have a good hunt.”
    - Tom Knapp -

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So the old Merc worked OK while we were away. I did buy the parts but couldn't get them until we got back. Still havent decided if I will keep it or not. We do have one issue that we knew about earlier and that is water gets into the gear oil and we also notice that some gear oil leaks from the vent anyone know what seals that would be?

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    So the old Merc worked OK while we were away. I did buy the parts but couldn't get them until we got back. Still havent decided if I will keep it or not. We do have one issue that we knew about earlier and that is water gets into the gear oil and we also notice that some gear oil leaks from the vent anyone know what seals that would be?
    Let me guess, a thunderbolt? The black and blue one from the late 70's? I have a 7.5 and it might as well be an anchor - that thing leaves me stranded all the time. I don't have issues with the seals leaking, so I can't help you with this one.

If you do have this merc, I'd sell it and find something a little newer.

FishFrenzy

Travelling Tackle Shop

User Info Menu

GW, if it's losing it's prime it could be the check ball in you gas line (after the squeeze ball). It's built into the squeeze ball. Buy a new gas line/replace the squeeze ball and that should do it.
    A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I'm having breakfast with a buddy who might now where you can get help, I'll ask him for some names.

What make/model are you having problems with ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12