Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here we go, change coming to my Savage 10ml-11!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Not a thing wrong with a stock savage. They shoot well and are very capable gun. I want ability to 300 yards and have confidence in my shooting iron. This is the only reason I'm making the change.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
    Not a thing wrong with a stock savage. They shoot well and are very capable gun. I want ability to 300 yards and have confidence in my shooting iron. This is the only reason I'm making the change.
    300 Yards? That is amazing with a M/L.

My longest shot with a gun while deer hunting was 50 yards. I can't seem to shake the bow hunting mentality to get as close as possible for that kill shot..

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    More amazing, the skill that is reqiuired; for example a .45 cal 300 gr bullet will need about 5" hold over to zero at 200 yds and the bullet trajectory will drop -20+" at the 300 yds. ...lots of calculations, need almost the same formula they use for a mortar round ..LOL...

My longest shot with a gun while deer hunting was 50 yards. I can't seem to shake the bow hunting mentality to get as close as possible for that kill shot..
    I'm the same, all my hunt stand set ups work with bow....so with the ML it's just natural to shoot less than 50yds.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
    You do realize that when you hear someone say "There's not a thing wrong with a stock tikka" that usually isn't followed by significant changes?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

To be remembered is how few of us conclude things with pics and stories of woundings

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by standup View Post
    You do realize that when you hear someone say "There's not a thing wrong with a stock tikka" that usually isn't followed by significant changes?
    You must hate every kind of firearm. Stick with the slingshot there champ.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rippin_355 View Post
    You must hate every kind of firearm. Stick with the slingshot there champ.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    Easy now you'll work yourself into a lather

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    More amazing, the skill that is reqiuired; for example a .45 cal 300 gr bullet will need about 5" hold over to zero at 200 yds and the bullet trajectory will drop -20+" at the 300 yds. ...lots of calculations, need almost the same formula they use for a mortar round ..LOL...
    Ah Mike, so ya wound one. There'll be another along. I've never said these words on here as some have when talking about shooting, but. There's always a first. I DON'T CARE WHAT KIND OF LOAD WITH WHAT KIND OF BULLET,300 WITH AN ML IS IRRESPONSIBLE !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by standup View Post
    I can make a tikka shoot better than factory so what's your point?

I utilized the Savage because it made the most sense not because any failings on its part. It was great to 200 but neither my PR 700 build or Savage felt comfortable and consistent at 300. I practice at this range constantly. I found the weak point to be the sabot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post

I'm the same, all my hunt stand set ups work with bow....so with the ML it's just natural to shoot less than 50yds.
    Mike lots of scopes allow for the bullet drop. The 358 ml will sling a 200 grain pill at 2800 fps easily, the .458 will run at 2700 fps. It takes practice but it SHOULD be perfectly doable.
    Last edited by Big Jack; July 28th, 2016 at 08:04 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast