Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own a yammie?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Anyone own a yammie?

Looking for those who own yams in the 15-25 range. Like to hear about vibration,,,If any
    I LOVE COMING HERE. WHAT OTHER GUN/OUTDOOR FORUM CAN YOU BE GUARANTEED GRAMMAR LESSONS ?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I have a 2006 25 four stroke Yamaha. No vibration issues here, but maybe prop out of true, or bent shaft, maybe bearing at foot or top of leg on shaft to the foot?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

No prop on same thing. Ran smooth upon my receipt. Never hit thing one. Hard to believe a bend happened w/o cause
    I LOVE COMING HERE. WHAT OTHER GUN/OUTDOOR FORUM CAN YOU BE GUARANTEED GRAMMAR LESSONS ?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Vibration issue.

Quote Originally Posted by standup View Post
    No prop on same thing. Ran smooth upon my receipt. Never hit thing one. Hard to believe a bend happened w/o cause
    I would look at a possible bearing failure or issue in foot with gears. Not a mechanic, but I try to do my own repairs. Hate bringing stuff to the shop unless I absolutely have to.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I have a '15 25hp. No issues so far. My buddy has a 2000 50hp that had a bent driveshaft from the factory. It was fixed under warranty, possibly even a recall, I don't remember.
    Learn all you can about nature. What we don't understand, we fear and what we fear, we destroy.
    Teach a young person to hunt and fish, after all, someone taught you.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

40 minutes of use. During 30 min test b4 this it was fine. Motor never hit thing one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akZiO7jorJw

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have 7 Yamaha's at work ranging from 8hp to 115hp, and I would never buy anything else. They're the most reliable outboard Ive ever used.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

No doubt. I too have pored many tens of thousands at yam w/o issue. Just saying

DON'T EVER HAVE AN ISSUE. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR OPINION JIG FAST. Not a single head service tech in my area will even try to deal with them. They'd rather just get you into another brand. The other half of the dealers that were yam are now NOT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blasted_saber View Post
    I have 7 Yamaha's at work ranging from 8hp to 115hp, and I would never buy anything else. They're the most reliable outboard Ive ever used.
    4 strokes?

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Trade it in on an etec !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast