Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best places to buy a bow

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GW11 View Post
    They're definitely the most cost efficient but they take the largest time investment to become proficient enough to hunt with.

Mateo - if you're just looking for fun on the range, a recurve can't be beat. If you're looking for a hunting bow, lean towards a compound or crossbow. You can hunt with a recurve of course, but it will take lots of practice.

OP - if you're ever up this way Saugeen Shafts is another good place that hasn't yet been listed.
    Thank you got the advise GW11

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
    I am interested in bow hunting but haven't yet tried. so i do not want to go out and get the best bow there is but at the same time I don't want to buy crap. would like a bow that will last me as/if I get better at hunting with it. Two questions:

1) which places should i check out to purchase a bow (i am in Toronto area and don't mind driving a good distance if it warrants it.)
    2) any thing i should know when i am shopping? e.g. makes to stay away from, accessories i do or do not need.

I would really appreciate any guidance. thanks,

AP
    I highly suggest Archers Nook in London, good prices and their bow tech is probably one of the most knowledgeable people I've met.
    Never pass up something the first day that you would take on the last day.

Swims with the Fishes

User Info Menu

I bought my first bow on here used to see if I liked it. Then went to saugeen shafts in Peterborough
    That rug really tied the room together

Just starting out

User Info Menu

are you planning to bow hunt this year? I'd get a crossbow then. You realize that archery is a very difficult skill? Especially where there are unknown distances and from heights?

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huntonos View Post
    are you planning to bow hunt this year? I'd get a crossbow then. You realize that archery is a very difficult skill? Especially where there are unknown distances and from heights?
    Unknown distances and heights applies to hunting with a crossbow as well. I don't see the point in the OP spending hundreds of dollars on something he doesn't really want. Considering that he asked the question back in July and has probably bought his bow by now, he could most definitely be ready to hunt by this fall. He would have the better part of two months to practice if he wanted to hunt in October.
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123