Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: advertising in OOD mag

  1. #1
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default advertising in OOD mag

    ADVERTISEMENT
    Just a question not to offend anyone from Quebec but other then advertising money why does OOD advertise Quebec outfitting in there magazine when we should be supporting Ontario outfitting since it's Ontario out of doors not Quebec
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    A lot of Ontario hunters use Quebec outfitters for Moose and Bear (spring)..they provide a great service to 'our' hunters.
    Last edited by MikePal; August 26th, 2016 at 06:13 AM.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  4. #3
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    A lot of Ontario hunters use Quebec outfitters for Moose and Bear (spring)..the provide a great service to 'our' hunters.
    Your right and there is nothing wronge with that, I just think we should be promoting Ontario
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

  5. #4
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I have no problem with the magazine taking Quebec adds.
    Haven't heard of any Ontario adds being rejected due to making room for Quebec adds. This would be a problem.
    If Ontario outfitters want to place adds they should step up and place them.
    Advertisements are part of the the magazine business.
    Why shouldn't they advertise where they think they can get a return?
    Why should the magazine not take there ads?
    Have I patronized any Quebec advertisers? No.
    Is it due to them being from Quebec? Maybe yes but only due to the distance involved from where I live.
    People will spend their money where they perceive good value, either a seller or a buyer.
    Last edited by Woodsman; August 26th, 2016 at 08:19 PM.




    _____________________________________
    Living proof that "beer builds better bellies".

  6. #5
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    I have no problem with the magazine taking Quebec adds.
    Haven't heard of any Ontario adds being rejected due to making room for Quebec adds. This would be a problem.
    If Ontario outfitters want to place adds they should step up and place them.
    Advertisements are part of the the magazine business.
    Why shouldn't they advertise where they think they can get a return?
    Why should the magazine not take there ads?
    Have I patronized any Quebec advertisers? No.
    Is it due to them being from Quebec? Maybe yes but only due to the distance involved from where I live.
    People will spend their money where they perceive good value, either a seller or a buyer.
    You have a point there Woodsman and I understand what your saying it makes sense. I just figured its an ontario magazine advertising out of provence hunts. Would you feel the same if they were advertising hunts in the states as well or out of the country. I know its just an advertisement and not a hole article talking about out of provence hunting, i just feel it takes away from the hole Ontario feel of the magazine. I would expect advertisements like that in out door Canada. But in a business point of view money is money and if they have it to spend to advertise in our magazine then so be it.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

  7. #6
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    If a US outfitter wanted to advertise in the mag why not?
    No problem for me either way.




    _____________________________________
    Living proof that "beer builds better bellies".

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom gobble View Post
    Your right and there is nothing wronge with that, I just think we should be promoting Ontario
    They do. In the travel section. There's always one or two "destination" pieces in every issue. Very rarely do those cover a place outside Ontario.

  9. #8
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I think it is great that they have ads for other provinces & Countries - as some of them may have different seasons or game that may appeal to Ontario based hunters. in fact I think they should expand the section to include more out of province outfitters.

    Examples: African Safaris, Hunting Grizzly Bear's in BC, Turkey Hunters wanting to go for a Grand Slam, Florida Hog & Gator hunts - all of those may appeal to readers looking to travel and hunt at the same time!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •