Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No hunting signs on my goose hunting spots.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'm staying well clear of "differences". But in part is why I mentioned "dinner party's" or even house guest. Once asked to leave, if they don't the law will side with "owner". Ask your daughters friend to leave. Doesn't matter what your daughter says about inviting said guest in, when Leo shows up, said guest can be charged with trespass.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sinker View Post
    Thats not even close to what you said. READ what you wrote.

Read 3.1b....its right there in plain english!

If you shot a deer, and it ran on to my property, that is fenced ( is there any property in southern ON that isn't fenced that's not a cultivated field, orchard, or managed forest etc???) You are tresspassing and I would kick you out simply because you were arrogant enough to not ask me. If I really wanted to be an , I would keep your deer too.

I let the neighbours know I'm hunting the next property and usually already have permission to retrieve my game before I even put my boots on.

If you cross a fence, generally, you are tresspassing.

S.
    Unless I'm missing something (it's happened before) the reference was to property, not posted, not fenced, and didn't meet the criteria where posting is not required....under those circumstances, no trespassing offence is committed.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBen View Post
    I'm staying well clear of "differences". But in part is why I mentioned "dinner party's" or even house guest. Once asked to leave, if they don't the law will side with "owner". Ask your daughters friend to leave. Doesn't matter what your daughter says about inviting said guest in, when Leo shows up, said guest can be charged with trespass.
    The best part is, you can use as much force as is necessary to remove said "guest", who refuses to leave !!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Unless I'm missing something (it's happened before) the reference was to property, not posted, not fenced, and didn't meet the criteria where posting is not required....under those circumstances, no trespassing offence is committed.
    No, its me that missed something. Sorry...

I missed the part that said it was exempt from 3.1.....oops.

Its very hard to be exempt from that one though. There is always something.

S.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That's why the farming community are pushing for changes to the TPA, to put some teeth into the Act. I haven't seen a new fine structure, so maybe the amendments have done just that.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Hey lets ask Sparky494.
    http://www.oodmag.com/community/show...31-Blood-Trail
    14 pages and this stuff is still being regurgitated. Bottom line guys use the KISS principle. If the land is not yours assume it belongs to someone else. Therefore if it belongs to someone else how would the majority of people feel if they find a stranger lurking on their property.
    If we stop putting are own selfish needs or desires before the next person there would be a lot less problems in this world.
    Last edited by finsfurfeathers; September 3rd, 2016 at 01:07 PM.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Hey lets ask Sparky243.
    http://www.oodmag.com/community/show...31-Blood-Trail
    14 pages and this stuff is still being regurgitated. Bottom line guys use the KISS principle. If the land is not yours assume it belongs to someone else. Therefore if it belongs to someone else how would the majority of people feel if they find a stranger lurking on their property.
    If we stop putting are own selfish needs or desires before the next person there would be a lot less problems in this world.
    Yea, a charge under the FWCA is much different than the TPA, in terms of penalty.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'll remember that the next time someone tries to tell me I'm trespassing or there's "no hunting" on Crown land FFF.

the "bottom line" is
    some common sense, some common courtesy usually go a long way. But one "answer" doesn't fit all situations, locations. So know the law.

be safe, be legal

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Pretty much !!

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBen View Post
    I'll remember that the next time someone tries to tell me I'm trespassing or there's "no hunting" on Crown land FFF.

the "bottom line" is
    some common sense, some common courtesy usually go a long way. But one "answer" doesn't fit all situations, locations. So know the law.

be safe, be legal
    Trying to keep it simple. As you know if its crown ( assuming you verified it by more than just looking at a map) treat it as your own otherwise treat it as not your own to do as you please.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast