Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: No hunting signs on my goose hunting spots.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default No hunting signs on my goose hunting spots.

Went for a boat ride at my cottage and saw new signs on some islands I hunted on before . I would like to find out if someone is playing ( stay away from here ) illegally . Or have I been wrong all this time. Some of these so called islands are about two times the size of my pickup truck. and are result of the left over parts of the making of the Trent water way. Who can I ask if I`m screwed or not.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I know MNR has Crown Land maps on line.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/crown-land-use-policy-atlas

The old Provincial Series Topo Maps used to ID Crown and Private land as well. You have to watch though they are not 100 percent accurate, but they both give you a really good idea and give you grounds for an argument.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Muskyhunter; September 1st, 2016 at 04:48 AM.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

The maps might help.

If the islands were created when the Trent Severn was created, it may in fact be privately owned, as many areas have title that extends under the waterway, and in fact encompass the waterway as well.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Although I have many times seen people put signs on property they did not own. Had a fella putting signs on a property I had access to and I got permission from the land owner in writing to remove the signs. I have also seen chains across crown land roads and told the MNR and the MNR removed them.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sorry but my question would be, 'why did you hunt them before, if you had not checked to see if you could, or who owned them'?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Correct me if I am wrong but if land is unmarked and not be used for anything you can use it. Probably a little more to the law than that but it's close. I can show you land around here that you would swear is crown and it isn't I can also show you crown but you would probably think it's private. I know of some land that members on here in the past hunted thinking it was crown and it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    Sorry but my question would be, 'why did you hunt them before, if you had not checked to see if you could, or who owned them'?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by javl View Post
    Went for a boat ride at my cottage and saw new signs on some islands I hunted on before . I would like to find out if someone is playing ( stay away from here ) illegally . Or have I been wrong all this time. Some of these so called islands are about two times the size of my pickup truck. and are result of the left over parts of the making of the Trent water way. Who can I ask if I`m screwed or not.
    Where,generally,is your cottage and these small islands? Are you island hopping for small game or waterfowling?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

These island are really small . One would not fit my truck parked on it. I saw others hunting off them and honestly didn`t think any one would own them. Bad on my part I know. We have been hunting there for 15 years. Strictly waterfowl hunting. We hunt about 4 times during the season. It`s in the Kawartha lakes and part of the Trent water way.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Where,generally,is your cottage and these small islands? Are you island hopping for small game or waterfowling?
    Considering he put this thread in the waterfowl section and in the title he referenced it as his goose hunting spot I think is self explanatory................
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer View Post
    Considering he put this thread in the waterfowl section and in the title he referenced it as his goose hunting spot I think is self explanatory................
    Thanks. I'll sleep better,now,knowing that you found it necessary to post that.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast