Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: No hunting signs on my goose hunting spots.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Yea, a charge under the FWCA is much different than the TPA, in terms of penalty.
    The latest fine schedule I have shows FWCA 10(1)(a) Trespass for the purpose of hunting ,the set fine is $100. It should be $1K first offense. Back in the day,every time I wrote a simple trespassing ticket,it was only $25.....hardly worth the effort,but,the law is the law.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    The latest fine schedule I have shows FWCA 10(1)(a) Trespass for the purpose of hunting ,the set fine is $100. It should be $1K first offense. Back in the day,every time I wrote a simple trespassing ticket,it was only $25.....hardly worth the effort,but,the law is the law.
    I think it's now $125.00 with the surcharge.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I think it's now $125.00 with the surcharge.
    http://www.muskokatodaily.com/?p=23291
    Plead guilty and was fines $1000 for trespass for the purpose of hunting so we are there boys
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Understood FFF but there are situations/locations where it's not necessary. Tracking game is just one.

how many people have been intimidated or "threatened" when fishing rivers/streams legally. I know photographers as well who a) weren't tresspassing and b) were accosted. Hunting is a little different for a few reasons but the law "is the law" and knowing it, and knowing when your doing nothing wrong, is just as important as not crossing the line.....kind of like knowing what the storage/transport/entry and search laws are. Knowing them "protects" you as well, when others don't...or do but
    Last edited by JBen; September 3rd, 2016 at 07:43 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    http://www.muskokatodaily.com/?p=23291
    Plead guilty and was fines $1000 for trespass for the purpose of hunting so we are there boys

The CO in this instance would have proceeded by way of summons, rather than an offence notice with the set fine. It can go either way, depending on the circumstances.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Well it's official . The 4 islands in question do belong to someone. I never set foot on any of these islands but other hunters do. It's a matter of time before they come over to my spot. I did jam my boat into the cat tails and hunt from my boat a couple of times in front of one of them but the cat tails grew and spread. That the birds don't land there anymore . Well gona have to wake up extra extra early now to get a spot. My cushy days are over!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thank's to all who offerd to help.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by javl View Post
    Well it's official . The 4 islands in question do belong to someone. I never set foot on any of these islands but other hunters do. It's a matter of time before they come over to my spot. I did jam my boat into the cat tails and hunt from my boat a couple of times in front of one of them but the cat tails grew and spread. That the birds don't land there anymore . Well gona have to wake up extra extra early now to get a spot. My cushy days are over!

so the question begs to be asked...any chance for permission to hunt? Just because it says no trespassing doesn't always mean no hunting. Have a few spots where posted yet ask the owner and they said sure no problem just wanted to be asked first. Here's hoping for you.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

The signs say no hunting. Maybe some of the other hunters might go some were else . Who knows. Anyway I'm sure we'll be o.k.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456