Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Hullett Marsh 2016 "Pheasant Challenge" & 2017 Pheasant Release

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

We would like to thank everyone for supporting FOH in 2016 to help the "Pheasant Release Program''. Based on this support the program will continue for 2017 and we now have $ to release over 600 birds next year and counting. FOH is matching these funds dollar for dollar.

The final release for 2016 was a few days ago so there are plenty of birds out there now for all to enjoy.

We also have Challenge tickets for sale before the draw that takes place after pheasant season. Ideal Supply has donated the grand prize generator as well as the prize hats for banded birds.

Our post above explains our financial obligations....the math is simple.This thread has some great ideas, listed below are a few facts to help everyone understand.

-
    User fees, daily passes etc are not allowed to be charged at the HPWA
    -Pheasant hunting regulations are those listed in WMU # 85
    -Memberships are voluntary donations and tax receipts are issued for those giving $25 or more, some people donate more and as an example a $75 donation can be allocated with $25 going towards membership and $50 directly to the pheasant program
    -Staff have many projects and daily tasks to accomplish....the pheasant program is a small part of the big picture
    -Challenge tickets have been available at 9 locations other then the Hullett office to allow supports easy access to tickets when no one is at the office (we do have field work with 5400 acres)
    -Free-loaders will always be present the same as those that dump their litter at Hullett and shoot our signs and privy doors

Looking ahead to 2017 the idea of adding a gun raffle to help support the release may be a good idea. Perhaps the gun could be the grand prize ahead of the generator?

We all know everyone loves a gun raffle. Combining the prizes would save $ and time on lottery licence applications, ticket printing fees and mandatory lottery reporting after the draw is held. Guns cost $ though so a partially donated gun would be a good start!
    Last edited by FOH; November 26th, 2016 at 06:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    Friends of Hullett

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I went today. Lots of bird opportunities judging by the shooting. Cover is great and I got 2birds over my dogs who got great exercise. Met a couple young fellas there for their first time. Talking to them served as a reminder of how great the area is as they seemed blown away by the set up. Thanks for all your hard work Scott. I love Hullett.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I've only been hunting grouse since August 2016 and have a strong interest in pheasant. I'll be definitely donating and looking into the membership as well. Im in the greater hamilton area, and if anyone is interested in heading up to Hullet sometime drop me a line.

Looking forward to making new hunting partners and friends. Stay safe

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Sorry to clarify, have acquired my pal and h1 since roughly August. Started hunting grouse mid October. Sorry for any confusion.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Ticket sales are now at 269 for revenue of $2690 plus $400 in direct donations.

Therefore with FOH funding 50% of the program costs we now have a guaranteed release of 618 pheasants for the 2017 season ($10 per bird).

The draw is coming up soon for the generator.

All direct donations receive a charitable tax receipt.

Friends of Hullett

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Its getting better as ticket sales are now approaching the 300 mark!

The grand prize draw will be held on Dec 19/16.

A deer hunter reported today that he has seen 6 pheasants over the last 2 days at Hullett.

The last day of the season is Dec 15.
    Friends of Hullett

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

The final ticket sale numbers are in.....316!!!

The grand prize winner has been annouced on our Faceook page
    https://www.facebook.com/Hullett-Marsh-279870435685766/
    and will also be announced in our winter member Newsletter.

We have also received direct donations of $525 towards the pheasant release.

Therefore the 2017 pheasant release will continue with a
    guaranteed release of 737 birds next year.

It is very nice to see upland hunters supporting the "Pheasant Challenge" this year by purchasing over 100 more tickets than last fall. We still have a ways to go to reach the 1000 bird mark but the increase in revenue is very positive.

Thank you and happy holidays to all!
    Friends of Hullett

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks to FOH for your great work. See you next year.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iHuntz View Post
    Thanks to FOH for your great work. See you next year.
    X2. Great work Scott.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456